Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Incoming calls go to failover number

Default Re: Incoming calls go to failover number

FWIW, the screenshot shows both NAT Mapping and NAT keep-alive disabled.
    Changing those to Yes (enabled) was what fixed my problem...

So it turned out to be a firewall (port blocking) issue after all........your router's firewall was closing up the UDP ports after a period of inactivity. By enabling the NAT Keep Alive, the ATA keeps the UDP ports open in your router's firewall by periodically sending data packets to the SIP server.
    Last edited by tritch; 04-09-2012 at 03:21 PM.

tritch,

I am sure you understand the difference between firewall and NAT functionality (I saw your posts, and I am saying this without any sarcasm). Obviously, there is a firewall on the router, and obviously it blocks all unsolicited incoming traffic. That functionality is expected and doesn't make it a firewall (port blocking) issue.

If I needed to open any ports instead or in addition to make NAT changes in ATA - then it would be a firewall issue. Heck, if I had to make any changes on the router...

But if it makes you feel better - yes, it turned out to be a firewall (port blocking) issue after all and I was an a$$ to not listen to your advice from the very beginning. Should have started tinkering with the router last week - I'd be in much better position now!