Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No incoming caller ID

Default Re: No incoming caller ID

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    To get the firmware update, support simply changes a few settings on your account to force the update and then you reboot the device by unplugging it from the power and plugging it back in. It takes about 5 minutes. It's a pretty simply process.

Once Grandstream officially releases the update, it will all happen automatically. We worked with them to get an early release of the fix and that's why we have to manually apply it to your account.

If you need it, just ask for Tier II support to update your firmware profile and they can do that. Then once you reboot the ATA, it'll automatically download it.
    Tim, thank you for the reply. From what you are saying, it sounds like they don't need to get direct access to the ATA, but instead make a change in my account settings on your end, force a reboot and it will upgrade. If this is the case, then that is perfect. I will get with them sometime soon. Thanks.

I contacted customer support today who pushed an update to my Grandstream HT701, and everything is working great now.

hey - new to voipo but so far love it.

my caller id has stopped working and just says incoming call. seems to be an issue w/perhaps at&t phones. not sure the model # but i'd buy new phones to match the technology if need be. saw vtech also may have some issues. i just want to know if there's a phone compatibility list out there so if i go shopping, i can see which phones are tested here.

quality is fine. website needs some love but works for now. my phone bill went from $60 a month to under $6. i do things a bit differently but i have more options on blocking #'s.

i submitted a ticket and will work through this. i expect some challenges when making a big change and like others i've seen post, won't threaten to leave.

just ask how to make it work.

ya'll use vbulletin 4x...

you got a web person in the mix somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
    hey - new to voipo but so far love it.

my caller id has stopped working and just says incoming call. seems to be an issue w/perhaps at&t phones. not sure the model # but i'd buy new phones to match the technology if need be. saw vtech also may have some issues. i just want to know if there's a phone compatibility list out there so if i go shopping, i can see which phones are tested here.

quality is fine. website needs some love but works for now. my phone bill went from $60 a month to under $6. i do things a bit differently but i have more options on blocking #'s.

i submitted a ticket and will work through this. i expect some challenges when making a big change and like others i've seen post, won't threaten to leave.

just ask how to make it work.
    Support should be able to address this for you. There is a firmware issue with the current Grandstream HT70X devices and some DECT cordless phones that prevents Caller ID name from showing. Grandstream is releasing an updated firmware with that fixed soon but we can force your adapter to update to it now. Once support does this, you'll need to reboot the update and it should update and resolve.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook