Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No incoming caller ID

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default No incoming caller ID

Just setup new service and have no incoming caller id. I plugged the Grandstream HT701 into my router then my home phone line into the
    greandstream. Calling and receiving calls works just fine. I simply do not get the incoming caller ID. I know my home phone caller ID work
    as it was working before setting up this service. calling out from the Voipo does show the caller ID on another phone. Any thoughts?

I have assigned a static IP and forwarded the ports but doubt this mattered as the service worked fine prior to doing this.
    thanks

Default Re: No incoming caller ID

Please open a ticket about this by e-mailing support@voipo.com and we'll be able to help.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

I would be interested in knowing the outcome of this issue. I recently purchased the HT701 to use with an Asterisk server, and I don't get incoming caller id either. Tried it on several models of analog phones with no luck. I dug around a bit to see if I could find anyone else that has experienced the problem, but this is the first one I've seen. Grandstream does not have a forum set up for their new ATAs yet, and have not yet come out with any firmware upgrades that I see. When I purchased this HT701, I also purchase one of the new Linksys SPA112s at the same time. I hooked it up in place of the HT701 and had no problems getting incoming caller id.

Quote Originally Posted by jet101 View Post
    I would be interested in knowing the outcome of this issue. I recently purchased the HT701 to use with an Asterisk server, and I don't get incoming caller id either. Tried it on several models of analog phones with no luck. I dug around a bit to see if I could find anyone else that has experienced the problem, but this is the first one I've seen. Grandstream does not have a forum set up for their new ATAs yet, and have not yet come out with any firmware upgrades that I see. When I purchased this HT701, I also purchase one of the new Linksys SPA112s at the same time. I hooked it up in place of the HT701 and had no problems getting incoming caller id.
    Yes, there is an issue with caller ID for a few phone models & the HT701 (seems to be AT&T and VTech DECT models). Grandstream is working on a software update for it.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

My first adapter was the Grandstream HT701 and tried to used with a VTech DECT model and didn't have caller id. Voipo support has been awesome and very helpful. They quickly mailed out another adapter (Grandstream HT501) and this resolved the problem. Now have full incoming caller id.

Voipo support exceeded my expectations even responding to emails throughout the weekend which is outside the reported support time.

Thanks

I just got my voipo device online and tried a test. Everything looks great so far but I do not see my caller-id information. I am using an AT&T DECT 6.0 phone. Hopefully, that will not cause a problem with getting the caller id. I do depend on it. It looks like morpheus might have had a similar problem. So far I am very pleased with the support from Voipo.

Thumbs up Re: No incoming caller ID

The Voipo Customer Care folks have been excellent to work with. My AT&T DECT 6.0 phone would not display the caller id on my 701 adapter. So they sent me a 502 adapter and it worked! I think the issue had something to do with the DECT phone. Voipo's service and adapter have exceeded my expectations! I almost never can say that about any company. Amazing. I am so very happy that I dropped the AT&T land line to go with this solution.

Just FYI - I am having the same issue. I have the H701 adapter with ATT dect6 phone. I was told by support that I need a firmware upgrade, problem is that I am away from home during their support times. Anyway I can have the instructions and do it myself ?
    I am pretty tech savvy, and a network engineer myself - so this shouldn't be an issue if I had the instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by eransh10 View Post
    Just FYI - I am having the same issue. I have the H701 adapter with ATT dect6 phone. I was told by support that I need a firmware upgrade, problem is that I am away from home during their support times. Anyway I can have the instructions and do it myself ?
    I am pretty tech savvy, and a network engineer myself - so this shouldn't be an issue if I had the instructions.
    I am in the same boat, and I am really not happy about it. The fact that they have no easy way to do an automatic firmware update is absurd. I just chatted with a Support Representative and they told me they would have to remote desktop into my computer to upgrade it. First off, that will never happen. I will cancel before they do that. There are huge privacy concerns with this. Second option was to setup DMZ to my 701 device. Luckily I am technical enough to do that, but what about the others out there that can't. I am sorry, this is VOIPo's resonsibility, and if they do not have a clean way of doing it then they should send me a replacement adapter with the new firmware.

I am seriously thinking of cancelling. I am still in the 30 day window, so unless this gets resolved quickly then I might just be doing that.

To get the firmware update, support simply changes a few settings on your account to force the update and then you reboot the device by unplugging it from the power and plugging it back in. It takes about 5 minutes. It's a pretty simply process.

Once Grandstream officially releases the update, it will all happen automatically. We worked with them to get an early release of the fix and that's why we have to manually apply it to your account.

If you need it, just ask for Tier II support to update your firmware profile and they can do that. Then once you reboot the ATA, it'll automatically download it.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com