Thread: Comcast Porting

Default Comcast Porting

According to VOIPo my phone number was scheduled to be ported from Comcast today (5/17). When I got home the porting appeared to have completed - I could call my normal phone number and it rang on my voipo connected phone. I decided to call Comcast and cancel my phone service. When I called the automated system reported that I had a service call scheduled for next week (5/24). After getting the run around it appears that service call is associated with my phone number porting.

Does this "service call" sound right? Should I hold off canceling my phone service with Comcast? I don't want to cancel my phone service and have it interrupt the phone number porting process.

Thoughts?

Default Re: Comcast Porting

i would do 2 things:

1. Contact support, if your number is now in the posession of VoIPo and the port is complete in there system cancel out the service. If finishing of port is in process (is possible) keep your service for now.

2. Call Comcast, ask if the service is to replace equipment on site, or more specifics. They may simply be swapping out your equipment in your home to something that doesnt support phone to cover part of there costs.