Thread: Newbie with Touch Tone issues

Default Newbie with Touch Tone issues

I have had VoIPo for nearly a week and am getting ready to port my number over from my land line. I just had my first issue today. I went to call AT&T to ask them a billing question (and to determine what my PIN is for the porting form). First the robo-system read off a phone number and asked if that was the number I was calling about. It wasn't even remotely close to the number that should have been on my caller ID. Then it asked me to enter my phone number. I entered the number and it repeated a completely different number back to me. I never had this problem with a robo-system not recognizing touch tones and am wondering if this is a known issue with VoIPo. I tried searching through the forum and did not come up with anything.

Default Re: Newbie with Touch Tone issues

Today I had an issue with a robo-system not recognizing my touch tones. Did you ever get an answer to this?

I've had this issue since I started with the service for about a year. It's pretty annoying. I use my voipo line to call into conference calls when I'm at home sometimes. I have to use my other VoIP provider sometimes because voipo isn't transmitting the DTMF correctly.

They have been pretty helpful in trying to resolve it, but they haven't had any luck. I guess its just a limitation of the VoIPo service or the carriers they contract with?

It's been kind of annoying and one of those things I will think about when I decide whether to keep going with VoIPo

I've had this problem over a year ago. It was really annoying, and since I use VOIPo for working from home, it made me late to a number of meetings. At first Tech Support updated my "DTMF method" and moved me to a closer server. Those seemed to help, but the problem returned the next day. Then they updated my "jitter buffer" and the problem went away completely.

I looked up "jitter" in Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jitter), and that sure sounds like it would be related to the problem. So I would suggest, from my experience, that you ask about it.

FYI. After spending a lot of time working on this, it ended up being the hardware ATA that Voipo supplied. They replaced my Linksys Rt31p2 with a Grandstream ht-502. It seems to be fixed now.

Maybe that's my issue also. I was given the Linksys and I'm having the exact problem again this month. They fix it on their end. But the next month the problem returns. This month I just got so fed up with it I have ask for my account to be canceled. There are other VOIP providers out there that actually work as advertised. The worst part of the whole thing is having to convince tech support every month that the problem is on their end. Once I finally get someone to listen to me they make an adjustment and things work again. But I refuse to go the finger pointing route again this month. Good luck.

That's interesting. My problems were also with the Linksys RT31P2. The problem was intermittent and eventually went away after Customer Support and I worked on it for a while. But a few months later I had the Linksys replaced with the Grandstream for other reasons. I'm wondering if the problem never returned simply because I got rid of the old Linksys.

I have the Grandstream ht-502 and ran into this problem during a conference call today. I submitted a support ticket and, in less than 10 minutes, I received an email response stating that the DTMF (touch tone) settings on my ATA had been changed. Hopefully this fixes my problem.

Thanks to Eric H at VoipO support for your prompt response!