Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No more cloned 2nd line feature?

Unhappy No more cloned 2nd line feature?

I received an unhappy email from a new VOIPo customer who received an ATA with only phone jack. I took a look at the VOIPo website and the Cloned 2nd Line feature seems to have been quietly removed. What is the deal?? This is/was a great feature and is being offered by those other guys.

Default Re: No more cloned 2nd line feature?

I thought the single port version was just a Reseller option?
    Perhaps shipped by mistake? What does the device say it is?

http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.p...6448#post26448
    This is an HT701 for Resellers at this link (Posted by VOIPoDanielC 03-08-2012 01:59 PM)
    Last edited by usa2k; 04-30-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

We have different promotions and price points. Many people assume the offers don't change when the countdown timer on the site goes to 0, but that's not always the case.

The current $129 offer does not include the cloned line. In the past when we offered the cloned line, it was at the $149 price point. There's just no profitable way to offer the cloned line at that price point unless we added in extra hidden fees like our competitors do to offset the cost.

Any competitors offering that feature are charging substantially more when you factor in shipping costs and other "fees" that we do not charge and this offsets the cost of providing a 2 line device and the additional usage that comes with that.

We are testing to see how the conversions are at the difference price points to see if more customers would rather pay more for all the extra functionality or less for basic service. There has to be balance with it, but many services potential customers compare pricing to are single line services and priced accordingly so the $129 price point is a test to check that theory and to see how customers respond to cheaper offers with less included or more expensive offers with more included.

I'd be happy to see if there's something we can do for you/them or switch the account to a different promotion that includes the cloned line since it seems like an important feature for you/them. You can e-mail me at tim @ voipo.com to discuss.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 04-30-2012 at 05:43 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

can I switch to lower price point since I am not using cloned line? As an added bonus (to Voipo), I'd be happy to return the adapter, since I am not using it either? Oh, and I am not using ditching / blacklisting / Do not disturb or any other feature that prevents callers from reaching me.

Note, I am very happy with the phone service itself! No complaints there!
    Last edited by ymhee_bcex; 04-30-2012 at 09:43 PM.

I never thought much of the cloned 2nd line feature when signing up. It seemed like a feature I would never use. Now that VOIPO is my only home phone, I am amazed how much I appreciate the cloned 2nd line feature.

Obviously, everybody's calling pattern is different. My cousin has a cloned line in her medical office, and she is raving about it. On the other hand, I am using my own adapter, and my wife loves that she can call domestic (through Voipo) and international (through other provider) from the same handset.

I don't use the clone line per se. I use the virtual number as the 2nd line. I use that number for the very few faxes I do. I also use it as an incoming line for my mom and sister because they live on the other side of the country, and they can dial a local number and not have to deal with long distance charges.
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by christcorp View Post
    I don't use the clone line per se. I use the virtual number as the 2nd line. I use that number for the very few faxes I do. I also use it as an incoming line for my mom and sister because they live on the other side of the country, and they can dial a local number and not have to deal with long distance charges.
    People still pay for LD? I thought everything was "unlimited" US calls these days. Even PSTN. Guess not.

Believe it or not, most people don't do voip, and most still use POTS over cell phones. Are there unlimited plan with POTS? Yes; but most people are on the same plan they've always been on. Most people don't like change.

This is also why I use SipDroid on my android. With my kids, wife, and I all on Verizon, all calls to each other are included. Using SipDroid on my android, I can have a very inexpensive cell phone plan. I have a family share plan for all for of us. It's only 500 minutes, and we NEVER go over the 500 minutes. You can definitely get unlimited in anything if you want to pay for it. I prefer not to pay for things I don't need.
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!

people will trust you to watch their children before they trust you with their phone service.
    I Void Warranties.