Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheaper to resell plans directly from Voipo?

Default Re: Cheaper to resell plans directly from Voipo?

more than welcome to.

I've been reselling for about 2 years now, and I will tell you that many, but not all, use more than 1,000 minutes in a month. The idea is to get enough clients signed up to average the usage at 470 minutes or below. This takes alot of time to accomplish, but it can be done. You can take a peek at my site that I setup to resell, at http://www.citywidephone.com

Thanks for the input. I expected many probably go over 1000 minutes per month. Although, you're still making money either way, just more with the clients with low usage. Do you see many over 2000?

Yes, some do go over 2,000 per month, however alot of the minutes are used to call toll free numbers, of which you will not be billed for. Problem is, those toll free call minutes are deducted from your 1,000 free monthly minutes.

I assume that not many do though (go over 2000). Would that be safe to assume?

It depends on what kind of customers you are selling to, and what type of equipment you are allowing.

Even with just the 2 line analog adapter, you could have some work at home or small business customers that hit 3000 to 4000 minutes every month.

And if you allow BYOD customers, usage can skyrocket past 10,000 minutes per month. That's why most voip providers have fine print in their TOS limiting usage to "typical residential use" of some number like 5000 minutes. So there's really no such thing as "unlimited" calling in most cases.

(sidenote: wingsohot is correct that a lot of that could be Toll Free calls. I hope Tim/voipo eventually get around to separating out Toll Free calls rather than lumping them in with domestic usage.)

Thanks for the detailed response.

I've decided to cover everything in the terms of service similar to how you have suggested.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by tylerlc View Post
    I assume that not many do though (go over 2000). Would that be safe to assume?
    That would be safe to assume, at least in my case.

I'd like others to weigh in on what usage they're seeing from residential users with two-line analog adapters (not including calls to toll-free numbers).

I wonder what accounts for the discrepancy between the number Voipo cites (470 minutes) and what resellers are seeing.
    Last edited by AnyWho; 07-02-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnyWho View Post
    I'd like others to weigh in on what usage they're seeing from residential users with two-line analog adapters (not including calls to toll-free numbers).

I wonder what accounts for the discrepancy between the number Voipo cites (470 minutes) and what resellers are seeing.
    it really varies bro.

You will always get a good look when having to collect the bill.

I have one customer that uses 3-12 minutes a month... and some customers that work from home that use 1200-1600.

It really just depends on the customer and the month.

Keep your price to where you don't lose based on your terms and conditions, and just make sure you charge enough to cover your basis.

If you plan on reselling at 6-10$/month with no other price points, you are GOING to lose money, law of averages man.

Each of us have different type of customers, and every customer is different than the next.