Thread: Free Minutes of International Calling Question

Default Free Minutes of International Calling Question

Tim

I have been using for a couple of years now and I only have good words for the service and the people. My only concern is the 60 "Free Minutes of International Calling Included" with service. I have not been able to take advantage of this feature since international calls I make are not to the selected destinations.

I would like to see this feature of 60 minutes/month international calls to include all destinations. In my case I would definitely forgo using Tel3advantage and use Voipo as my only international calls, since the 2-3 cents/minute savings I get from Tel3 over the Voipo rates will be offset by the 60 minutes/month I receive with my service. This simply means that my $10-20 I spend each month for my international service will be coming to Voipo instead of a third-party.

Just a thought for you to mull over.

Default Re: Free Minutes of International Calling Question

Quote Originally Posted by sama123 View Post
    Tim

I have been using for a couple of years now and I only have good words for the service and the people. My only concern is the 60 "Free Minutes of International Calling Included" with service. I have not been able to take advantage of this feature since international calls I make are not to the selected destinations.

I would like to see this feature of 60 minutes/month international calls to include all destinations. In my case I would definitely forgo using Tel3advantage and use Voipo as my only international calls, since the 2-3 cents/minute savings I get from Tel3 over the Voipo rates will be offset by the 60 minutes/month I receive with my service. This simply means that my $10-20 I spend each month for my international service will be coming to Voipo instead of a third-party.

Just a thought for you to mull over.
    I'm obviously not Tim and have don't make any VOIPo decisions ... there's a huge difference in cost to VOIPo (speculation on my part) between the cheapest and the most expensive destination, so I can well understand why the current policy is in place. Even Vonage limits their minutes to certain countries and mostly landlines in those countries. And regular callers to foreign destinations tend to find the cheapest way to call and (typically) stick to those channels.
    Russell

Unfortunately it just wouldn't be possible to make the 60 Free Minutes apply to any destination. With most international destinations, our margin is very low and we barely make any money on them. So if you see a destination that is say 10 cents per minute, it's likely that our cost is 7-8 cents. Some destinations are super expensive. The destinations included are ones that are priced low enough that the math works out on it for us to offer them.

The thing to keep in mind is that VOIPo has to pay for every minute of every call made to an international destination and we're pretty much at the mercy of the carrier in that particular country on the other end and what they want to charge us. Our rates have to take into account the costs of that destination. We'd love to offer it to anywhere, but for calls to some destinations, it's just not possible because talking for a few minutes would cost us more than your entire plan.

With that said, we have not updated international rates in a long time (even though our cost is constantly changing) and we'll be rolling out new international rates across the board soon and most destinations are seeing big drops. We're also in the process of reviewing the "package eligible" destinations for the 60 free mins/1200 min addon to see if there are more destinations where the cost has dropped enough since our last update that we can add in to it.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Thanks for the response... looking forward to your update international rates and package eligible list