Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Was able to make HT702s register with VoIPo and not have to be BYOD.

Default Re: Was able to make HT702s register with VoIPo and not have to be BYOD.

@OregonVoIP... did you ever get any results on the HT704?

Did it work with the HT701 auto provisioning?

Default Re: Was able to make HT702s register with VoIPo and not have to be BYOD.

We could probably add 704 provisioning support pretty easily. I'm assuming it's the same provisioning format just with the additional lines added so likely simple. I'll add it to our dev list to look into soon.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

@Green - Not yet, I have been gone for 2.5 weeks at shows/fairs/events slinging VoIP service... I need to get the mail to get my HT704.

@Tim - I dont think HT704 uses same Firmware, unless you are enabling DID's to have 8 presence. At current I think you max it at 4? I say 4 because with call waiting being able to function on both ports with two phones (i have tested it). Normally a DID only has 2, so whatever you guys are doing works like magic. I also think you would have to really change around the hardware options. Seeing as anyone wanting the HT704 option is probably a small business with 3-4 phone numbers.

@Tim - Also I appreciate if it was you, james, brandon, or whomever that had the HT-702 added to the hardware list. The HT701 settings with HT702 auto provisioning work like a dream without issue. Also so you know if you change the DTMF mode (at least on 702s) in the control panel it DOES pass through to the device on reboot, I have also tried this and seen the results as it does work, awesome for trouble shooting.

Big thank you to you and the reseller support guys as well. I have had two major headaches with Vonage, and your guys have been more than patient and willing to help (even when phone support isnt offered and I am looking for assistance). I have been in Telecom Industry a long time before going independent, and must say your team is amazing. Especially when it comes to Vonage being such a pain in the butt.

Only thing that would be nice for someone like myself that has years and years of Asterisk work, SIP work, etc would be more device control in the hardware settings. Alot of my issues have had to be resolved by remoting (join.me) into a customers device to make a few small changes to make things work a little bit better.

I will keep you all updated.

Thanks,

It would be helpful to have the HT702 and HT704 added to the reseller "add hardware" auto provisioning.

Would also be nice to see some of the more current Cisco/Linksys adapters... SPA112, SPA122, SPA2102, SPA3102.

They are likely about the same as the older PAP2T and such, so shouldn't be hard to add them.

And it would make it easier for us to add devices quickly and correctly.
    Last edited by GreenLantern; 07-25-2012 at 02:10 PM.

FYI to all.

The HT704 is a different animal from the HT701 and HT702.

It does seem to work fine once configured, but you'll have to configure it manually unless it is added to provisioning options.

The auto provisioning using HT701 or HT702 format does NOT work, probably because the HT704 has separate menu pages for the SIP profiles and FXS ports.

In other words, it is more like the GXV4004 gateway than the HT702 adapter.

Just thought I'd share.

Not really less to figure out for the customer, because most people have a router connected to their internet modem. This means the customer must connect the HT702 to their router. Then when their calls are getting cut off or the one they're calling can't hear them because of the firewall issues and port forwarding issues that come with a router, the customer gets frustrated.
    So how is this easier for the customer? I prefer the HT502 because it can be connected between the internet modem and the router, thereby eliminating the calling issues associated with connecting to the router.

Quote Originally Posted by OregonVoIP View Post
    I have the ability to get any Grandstream, Linsys, etc etc company at wholesale + shipping from here in the States. And I have gone solely with HT702 really for the fact the HT502 is being phased out. My other opinion is the less "stuff" a customer has to figure out "WAN" "LAN" etc the easier it is to keep simple plug and play. When the back of there device only has "internet", "power", "phones" its much easier to explain, thats a plus side too.

welcome to contact me if you have questions on the HT702s as I am using them.

sales.jeffgray@gmail.com

or jeff@phoneplicity.com (dont like broadcasting cell number online)
    City Wide Phone
    where the talk is cheap!