Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was able to make HT702s register with VoIPo and not have to be BYOD.

Default Was able to make HT702s register with VoIPo and not have to be BYOD.

Submitted a support ticket about them, was told they should work off of HT502 settings.

They did not, today decided to try HT701 as the device based on Grandstream Stating HT701,HT702 use same Firmware and Software on the Device.

Sure enough gave it about 2.5 minutes after adding to VoIPo panel and it registered and self provisioned. Double checked the device, and found out that it did set both FXS Ports just like my control panel options show.

Figured I would share with the rest of you, any questions feel free to ask. My entire Customer Base will be using HT702s as the HT502 is slowly being phased out.

Cheers,

Jeff G.

Default Re: Was able to make HT702s register with VoIPo and not have to be BYOD.

Yup. 701 and 702 run same firmware. Only different is 702 support 2 lines. 701s include the 2nd line provisioning info since only 1 line.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Default Re: Was able to make HT702s register with VoIPo and not have to be BYOD.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Yup. 701 and 702 run same firmware. Only different is 702 support 2 lines. 701s include the 2nd line provisioning info since only 1 line.
    yes sir, figured I would share. Some might be in same position.

And thank you for the 3 awesome tech support guys I have been dealing with. Few minor problems that hopefully get worked out!

Need opinions. Do you as a reseller prefer the GS 702 or 502 for 2 lines? Maybe say why also?

Quote Originally Posted by wingsohot View Post
    Need opinions. Do you as a reseller prefer the GS 702 or 502 for 2 lines? Maybe say why also?
    I have the ability to get any Grandstream, Linsys, etc etc company at wholesale + shipping from here in the States. And I have gone solely with HT702 really for the fact the HT502 is being phased out. My other opinion is the less "stuff" a customer has to figure out "WAN" "LAN" etc the easier it is to keep simple plug and play. When the back of there device only has "internet", "power", "phones" its much easier to explain, thats a plus side too.

welcome to contact me if you have questions on the HT702s as I am using them.

sales.jeffgray@gmail.com

or jeff@phoneplicity.com (dont like broadcasting cell number online)

I haven't used the HT702 yet, so I can't comment on it other than it looks better (IMO) cosmetically, and has a $5 lower wholesale price than the HT502. (The HT701 is another $5 less than the HT702.)

But to me, the big benefit of the HT502 is the WAN/LAN port... in other words, it is a router, not just an adapter.

So if necessary, you can put it "upstream" from other routers to avoid potential firewall issues.

Then again, it's not a great router, and could be a bottleneck point for those with really high speed internet service like Fios.

Just some things to consider.

with the phase out if you want HT502s better get on the ball... My wholesaler only has 125 (or less now) and counting with no ability to get more.

The HT-704 appears to have 4 phone lines. Would any of you resellers consider using that for maybe a small home business account. Would it provision under the HT-701?

http://www.citywidephone.com

i am about to up channel usage with support on a contract coming in, and will be using a 704, ill let you know what i have to do. since accounts are limited to 2 lines, guessing it will be 4 accounts tied together and programming each FXS port.

Ok, will be waiting for your input.
    City Wide Phone
    where the talk is cheap!