Thread: Will VOIPo work with clear wireless internet

Default Will VOIPo work with clear wireless internet

I signed up for ACN phone service but sometimes people can't hear me. I have done a speed test and I get 1.0 -3.0 MBPS download speeds and I can hear people fine. My upload speed is .5-1.0 MBPS. Will this phone service work reliably for me where everyone can hear me? I would love to hear from clear internet users.

Default Re: Will VOIPo work with clear wireless internet

i test with clear, it works fairly well... sometimes spotty depending on other broadband usage.

Jeff G.
    phoneplicity.com

Thanks for the reply. When you tried it did you have someone say the could hear you? What problems did you see when you tried it?

Thanks, Joshua

Really I should be clear I use a Clear Device to test a device registers before handing it to a customer, and i do make a test call from each device. Just easier than plugging and unplugging into my network.

Problems I've seen is bad weather slow bandwidth junky calls. Or flooded network spotty voice. 90% of the time I see no issues 10% of the time I see issues.

We've seen hit/miss service with Clear just like OregonVoIP said. When the connection is good, it works very well, but since the connection isn't always consistent the service won't be either.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Just remember with wireless systems like clear you get signal bounce, just because it says 4 bars (or 5) doesnt mean at that moments its real. Signal bounce can cause many issues, ive seen signal bounce start from a few neighbors putting up new trees in the yard.

Quote Originally Posted by OregonVoIP View Post
    Just remember with wireless systems like clear you get signal bounce, just because it says 4 bars (or 5) doesnt mean at that moments its real. Signal bounce can cause many issues, ive seen signal bounce start from a few neighbors putting up new trees in the yard.
    Has beening a sales rep with Clear, has what oregonVOIP said is very true the signal does bounce you've alot of other factory to think about such has heavy rain, and other stuff that may cause interference to your clear device signal's howevery I've tested my clear service box with VOIP services it did work with medium quality only do to the signal bouncing from 5 bars then to 3 bars due to the area I'm in is consider a blind spot area.

Default Will VOIPo work with WiMAX wireless internet connection?

I have a high speed wireless internet connection (WiMAX with Ubiquity NanoBridge on my side, usually 5-20 MBit/s down and 3-10 MBit/s up). The distance to my ISP's tower is about 1 mile. I am wondering whether this is good enough for VoIP with Voipo, or whether there will be too much disturbance due to the wireless connection.

I would really like to use Voipo. However, I know that i. e. Vonage does not recommend their service to people with any kind of wireless internet service.

Are there people here who have a similar internet connection and use Voipo and it works well?
    Last edited by wimax; 08-10-2013 at 11:27 AM.

I have used VOIPo with a Wimax connection for over two years. The call quality is usually okay, but the occasional silent moments can be annoying. My service is rated 10 down and 1 up.