Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simultaneous Ring - Find Me/Follow Me

Default Simultaneous Ring - Find Me/Follow Me

The simultaneous ring feature has previously been only for "off network" calls and would not work for calls within the VOIPo network due to the way the audio was handled.

In our final prep for the new feature and vPanel rollout later this week, we went ahead and tweaked the audio handling with simul ring and we believe it should be working for all calls including on network now.

If you happen to use simul ring and receive calls from other VOIPo customers, can you please test it and confirm that it's now working for on network calls?

Our tests have all been good, but we'd like to have a few others confirm for us. If you experience issues with SimulRing with On Network Calls, please e-mail support@voipo.com with Attn Development: Simul Ring as the subject.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Default Re: Simultaneous Ring - Find Me/Follow Me

Initially, I wanted to use SimuRing but, if you ignore the 'Find me" feature for a moment, it doesn't offer much advantage over call forwarding since we are limitted to only 1 number + the VoiPo number. I think a feature such as this should allow for at least 2 numbers + the VoiPo number to ring at simultaneously but then, I have no idea if that would be technologically possible. (I do know that other VOIP providers allow for up to 3 numbers.)

Also, when using this feature, I would love to be able to turn off that computer voice that asks me each time to press "1" to accept the call. It is quite annoying and, if unlucky, the caller may have hung up on me before I finally got put through to him.
    Last edited by Tumultus; 08-02-2012 at 01:11 AM.

I for one, would like simultaneous ring to ring both my home phone (through ATA) and softphone at the same time. Then I can answer one or the other. Now THAT would be truly finding me/following me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray2U View Post
    I for one, would like simultaneous ring to ring both my home phone (through ATA) and softphone at the same time. Then I can answer one or the other. Now THAT would be truly finding me/following me.
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but that already works that way. I have my voip at home on the ATA; I also have my separate softphone credentials in my Android phone using sipdroid. When someone calls my phone number; BOTH the home phone and the android ring. Whichever answers first gets the call. Is that what you're talking about, or something different? mike.,...
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by christcorp View Post
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but that already works that way. I have my voip at home on the ATA; I also have my separate softphone credentials in my Android phone using sipdroid. When someone calls my phone number; BOTH the home phone and the android ring. Whichever answers first gets the call. Is that what you're talking about, or something different? mike.,...
    Yes, if you have multiple devices connected (such as an ATA and a softphone) on the same account, they should all ring. One thing we do see though is that sometimes if they're both behind the same router, the router mixes them up and only rings 1. If that's the case, it could probably be fixed with some router tweaking. As far as our end, we ring all connected devices.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Christcorp: Yes, that's what I meant. But it doesn't always work.

VoipoTim: Ah. That explains it. Now how do I tweak my router so both my devices ring at the same time? Don't worry about being technical, I can handle it.

Stingray; do you have you phone/android working off of your WIFI at home? I simply leave my phone on the 3g. This way it's not on the same network as my voip ATA adapter. I don't have a problem with it like that.
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!

I had VOIPo support re-configure my provided ATA to use ports 5061 and 5062 for SIP registration, and configured my (NAT) router to forward all incoming traffic to those ports to the ATA, so my other SIP device is free to listen on port 5060 without potential conflict at the router.

christcorp: I'm using my iPad with Bria on the WIFI. It's not practical for me to use the Verizon data network for all other Internet usage while I'm at home near my WIFI. I get 1 GB of data for $20 a month. Unlimited WIFI, of course. I no longer use a cell phone. My total home/mobile phone bill is around $26 a month. I have to lug around an iPad, but it works.

bwarden: That may be my next project having ATA use those ports. Oddly though, I just turned off WIFI on my iPad so it uses the Verizon network and called my number. Only the ATA phone rang; not the softphone. Strange, right?

We will send an INVITE to all (AOR "address of records") that are registered to our network for a given account.

This means that all devices should ring.

One problem you guys may be running into is a Softphone or User Agent that "expires" or "unregisters" existing registrations when it "registers".

If this is not the case please open a ticket with title: ATTN. BRANDON.

In order for me to look further into each individual's scenario.

Thank you.