Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
Less tha 1% of our customers have ever even contacted support and right now there are less than 10 help desk tickets open in our support queue. If you experience issues, you'll

If you experience chronic, ongoing issues than it means that there is likely some kind of underlying incompatibility issues between VOIPo and your ISP, home network setup, router, modem, or something in the mix.

All providers have different networks and some work better with different combinations of home network variables for different people.

If it's determined that it's the case, we recommend finding an alternative provider because there just wouldn't be anything we could do on our end to fix it.
Tim,

I have three lines with VoIPo. At first I wasn't sure I would keep even one. LOTS of issues, dropped TX and RX audio mainly, also calls terminating unexpectedly, fast busy when dialing out, callers getting a busy when noone was on the line. I opened support tickets, and had numerous email and telephone exchanges with customer care reps. One was particularly condescending, telling me repeatedly it was my Internet connection or router, or switch, etc. As an electrical engineer, I found this particularly distasteful.

I had swapped everything out, even dedicated one of my Internet connections to the ATA, and knew the only thing that could possibly be causing a problem was the Grandstream ATA. Customer Care insisted the problem was on my end. I finally, just to prove them wrong, purchased a Linksys PAP2T ATA. Since it went into service, the problems cleared up and my first VoIPo line has been quite reliable for around a year now.

I recently ordered two additional VoIPo lines, and experienced the exact same audio issues as with the first Grandstream 502 ATA, with the new 702's. As before, I replaced them with a Linksys PAP2T, and smooth sailing ever since.

Bottom line: don't bother with customer care unless the issue is provisioning or porting (they are very nice at that), and only use the piece of junk Grandstream adapter to set up your BYOD credentials, then send it to the dump, as that's where it belongs. I just hope VoIPo realizes Grandstream makes garbage, I don't want the company to go out of business because they lost customers due to poorly made, cheap, ATA's.

Steve