Thread: cell phone

Default cell phone

was wondering if anyone has downlaoded to a smart phone like the nokia e phone and does it work without a wireless provider as i read this in a article

All Nokia E Series and some other Nokia models support VoIP (SIP) natively, ie a SIP client is fully integrated into their firmware; see this Forum Nokia page for a list of which models support VoIP natively, and which Nokia S60 VoIP Release number is included when a particular model's firmware is updated, or not, as the case may be: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph..._Nokia_devices . Update: Some newer Nokia models which run on the Symbian 3 operating system also support VoIP; unfortunately, so far, they are not listed on that Nokia Wiki Forum page, so the user would have to check each model's specifications to make sure it does actually have a SIP client.

hope someone knows thanks

Default Re: cell phone

I have an android and it supports SIP natively. But I've downloaded and use Sipdroid app anyway. I use it to use my home voipo services quite often. Works fine for me. The only problems I've seen has been with DTMF. I.e. Calling a 1-800 and it says: "Press 1 or SAY yes". Sometimes pressing 1 or speaking doesn't work. But when it connects me with a human, we hear each other just fine.
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!

I have a legacy Nokia E51. While I no longer use it, it mostly worked fine with VOIPo when I did. That said, in some ways the quality of SIP calls on the E51 was better than the quality of SIP calls using the native SIP client in Android 4.1/Jelly Bean.

How is this working now? What is the difference between android and jelly bean?