Thread: Return ATA to voipo if using BYOD?

Default Return ATA to voipo if using BYOD?

I know/think the ATAs provided by voipo are locked and that support updates them remotely. I haven't used my ATA (and it is no longer powered up and attached) since I provisioned my IP phone.

Is there any need (or benefit) to keep it on my LAN if I have no plans to use an analog handset?

If not, can/should the ATA be returned to voipo and would the return be processed in such a way that my account wouldn't be closed?

Default Re: Return ATA to voipo if using BYOD?

For what it’s worth, at this time, I only use the ATA for Caller ID integration with my DVR. (I find it helpful and my girlfriend though it was neat that calls to my “cell phone” (softphone) appeared on the television.)

Unless things have changed, the supplied ATA is the supported product, should
    you need technical support. It also needs to register at least once to activate
    the BYOD feature

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Understood. I had the ATA registered and on the LAN, but not since I got my IP phone working. Just trying to understand if there is any reason to keep the ATA.

There is no technical need to have it registered, but we do recommend keeping it since we can only provide you with technical support for issues experienced using our adapter so if you have an issue we won't be able to help you unless you can replicate it on the provided adapter.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

I'm pretty certain my equipment isn't at fault (I've changed ISPs/routers and the problem followed). I created a support ticket, they supposedly switched networks that I'm on, but no difference.

I have BYOD device (OBi); I haven't had a problem, and I haven't plugged in voipo-provided device for six months at least. On the other hand, my in-laws have constant problems with voice quality; so they are using voipo-provided device since it's the only way to get support.