Thread: Remote VM access?

Default Remote VM access?

Is anyone else having problems remotely accessing the VM system to retrieve messages? For years, I've dialed 832-838-7000. The last day or two, it prompts me to "enter my ID, followed by pound" (as always), but when I do it immediately says "goodbye" and disconnects.

Default Re: Remote VM access?

Frank,

This should now be resolved. Please do let us know if otherwise, thanks!

Can't you also dial your own number and enter "0"?

Quote Originally Posted by budmaster View Post
    Can't you also dial your own number and enter "0"?
    Both are fine.

Some people like the access number method because they can check it without making their phone ring (example: if someone else is home that may answer before VM picks up) and some like the simplicity of just calling their own number without having to remember/save an access number.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

And the proper way to do this remotely appears to be...

1) Dial 832-838-7000 from your mobile phone
    2) Type in your VOIP phone number
    3) Type in your voice mail password
    4) Press pound sign "#"

For some reason we have recently lost the ability to access our VM from our home phone by dialing our own number then pressing 0 after it answers. I was told to try pressing 123, which also didn't work. This after approx one year of working as it should. Works from other phones, just not from home. Even tied recycling the Grandstream. Nothing else has changed. This on top of the other issues we've had with dropped calls, etc. makes me think we won't have to worry about accessing VM much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Both are fine.

Some people like the access number method because they can check it without making their phone ring (example: if someone else is home that may answer before VM picks up) and some like the simplicity of just calling their own number without having to remember/save an access number.

Quote Originally Posted by rfs0123 View Post
    For some reason we have recently lost the ability to access our VM from our home phone by dialing our own number then pressing 0 after it answers. I was told to try pressing 123, which also didn't work. This after approx one year of working as it should. Works from other phones, just not from home. Even tied recycling the Grandstream. Nothing else has changed. This on top of the other issues we've had with dropped calls, etc. makes me think we won't have to worry about accessing VM much longer.
    There are no known voicemail issues. In your example, it sounds like the "DTMF" (button press tones) are not being passed when you're trying to check voicemail. Just e-mail support@voipo.com and our support team will be able to help get this resolved for you.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    There are no known voicemail issues. In your example, it sounds like the "DTMF" (button press tones) are not being passed when you're trying to check voicemail. Just e-mail support@voipo.com and our support team will be able to help get this resolved for you.
    Did that, ref Ticket ID: NZL-649683, with no solution.

Yeah, NOT WORKING, Tim. When no DTMF setting would make it work from my SIP phone, I tried calling 832-838-7000 from my analog phone connected via ATA box. As frankd first reported, the system just keeps instructing me to enter my ID, over and over, regardless of whether I follow my ID with "#" or what the heck I do.

Update: OK, when calling 832-838-7000 from a non-VOIPo number or from my SIP phone it does work, per Mike_TV's exact steps above. But trying to auto-dial entire string including commas for pauses and ID (with or without password and "#") gets "Welcome to your voicemail, goodbye" every time. LOL. Softphone app's abiity to pass commas and additional digits was confirmed by calling my bank's IVR menu, so I guess VOIPo's system doesn't like it.
    Last edited by mtn_lion; 10-03-2012 at 10:47 PM.