Thread: Last ditch effort before giving up and leaving...

Default Last ditch effort before giving up and leaving... RESOLVED

I am trying to get my RT31P2 to work with two numbers, but it has never happened. I have had line 1 for over three years, and it used to work perfectly. I had a virtual number that went into Line 1, but I asked Voipo support to change point the second number to Line 2 on my device so that I could use it seperately.

The change shows in my control panel, but the second number has never really worked. It's usually one or the other, somtimes line 1 works, and sometimes line 2 works, but never at the same time. AND line 2 still rings line 1... even though I do not have forwarding enabled. Support has thus far been no help, telling me that it is a problem on my end. I'll admit that maybe I am misunderstanding them, but at this point I'm so incredibly frustrated with it that I am considering porting my numbers and leaving. It certainly should not be this difficult to make this work.

At the moment, I have removed every variable. The RT31P2 is connected directly to my ATT modem with nothing else attached. The modem does not have a firewall, and it still doesn't work. I have reset the ATA repeatedly and still only have line 1 with line 2 ringing on the first one.

Unfortunately I have not had a response since just before 5, so I'll assume support is done for the day. Hopefully someone here can help before I decide to give up.

In case one of you admins read this, the ticket ID is: ZPV-150709
    Last edited by texasdiver72; 08-28-2012 at 01:51 PM.

Default Re: Last ditch effort before giving up and leaving...

Oh, and by the way, I am also getting an intermittent issue when one of these lines is called. The phone rings once, then you get a recorded message that simply says, "goodbye" and hangs up! No voicemail, nothing.

Look in the control panel to see if your RT32P2 shows as registered.

Make sure you don't see anything else registered though. If you do, it could mean your account has been compromised. That might explain something answering your phone on the 1st ring and hanging up.

Can't answer for the other issues, other than making sure that the 2 lines are set to different port addresses... such as 5061 and 5062.

Good luck.

Both phone numbers are showing under "Hardware" for that device. Port numbers are 5078 and 5079.

When I pull up the individual account hardware, Line 1 shows that it is connected, while Line 2 says, "This account does not have any devices currently connected to our network."

VOIPoClay Guest

Hello texasdiver72,

I am reviewing the ticket you posted. I am a T2 supervisor and I will be working on your case. I will be responding to your email shortly and getting in contact with you.

Thanks
    Clay G.

Default RESOLVED: Re: Last ditch effort before giving up and leaving...

Thanks to Clay above they were able to resolve this issue. Apprently when I asked them to change the number from a virtual to a regular line, one step was done incorrectly and it was on their end. Glad to have it fixed and Clay was very helpful in making this happen. Thanks again.