Thread: Surge protector question

Default Surge protector question

Si I am up and running just fine and naturally, I forgot to use a surge protector on my base phone and for the Grandstream device. Can I just unplug both and plug into a surge protector without messing things up. Or do I have to go through another set-up? Also, what happens after a power failure and the power comes back on? I am hoping my router (Cisco) and the Grandstrem just reboot Thanks, Bill

Default Re: Surge protector question

Quote Originally Posted by bostonfan49 View Post
    Si I am up and running just fine and naturally, I forgot to use a surge protector on my base phone and for the Grandstream device. Can I just unplug both and plug into a surge protector without messing things up. Or do I have to go through another set-up? Also, what happens after a power failure and the power comes back on? I am hoping my router (Cisco) and the Grandstrem just reboot Thanks, Bill
    Yes, you can unplug the device and plug it back up. When you do that (or have a power failure), everything should reconnect within a few minutes automatically when the devices are powered back on.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook