Thread: Fine tuning question.....

Default Fine tuning question.....

All connected, works fine but I have a quick fine tuning question. My VoIP connects through Comcast high speed Internet....when I hit any of my cordless phone TALK button ( to get the dial tone) I get about 6-7 quick "dial tone beeps" before the steady dial tone.....very minor, just curious, also a slight echo. Any thoughts? Is this something that I can explore with the Vpanel? My first reaction is, if its not broken....don't mess with it! Thanks, Bill

Default Re: Fine tuning question.....

If you have messages in your voice mail, you will hear a stutter tone advising you of this.

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    If you have messages in your voice mail, you will hear a stutter tone advising you of this.
    Thanks Burris! So this stutter ton is normal and I don't need to do anything? Bill

Quote Originally Posted by bostonfan49 View Post
    Thanks Burris! So this stutter ton is normal and I don't need to do anything? Bill
    The 3-4 beep stutter dial tone is only normal if you have a new voicemail that you haven't retrieved or listened to yet. It's simply alerting you that you have a new voicemail. Dial 123 on your Voipo phone to access the Voipo voicemail system and retrieve your voicemail. Alternatively, you can log into vPanel, then click the Voicemail link and retrieve your voicemail that way.

See these links for more help retrieving and setting up your voicemail:
    http://voipo.com/help/article/checki...cemail-53.html
    http://voipo.com/help/article/voicem...ntrols-50.html

After you have retrieved and listened to your new voicemail, the stutter dial tone should go away the next time you pick up the phone. If you still have issues with the dial tone or echo problems, then you would need to open a support ticket.
    Last edited by tritch; 09-24-2012 at 11:12 AM.