Thread: Suggestion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Suggestion

I mentioned this to Tim before and you may already have it in the works.

When the VPanel opens and the two fields are open, it would be handy to have the cursor already blinking in the username field.
    Then simply hitting the first number of my phone, it fills in the field and then my pw fills in and away I go.

I use Firefox exclusively and find it handy to save all the log-in and pw where applicable.

I might mention the same thing when going to new thread in the forum. The cursor could go right to the first required field..'Title'.

Neither of the above is earth shaking, but you might want to consider it..

Default Re: Suggestion

I've got another suggestion. One of the great unknown features of Vonage is Vonage Access. This feature allows the public to call Vonage customers without incurring long distance charges. They've set up local numbers in many rate centers -- call the local Vonage Access number, then key in the Vonage phone number -- and the caller avoids long distance charges. (Can't believe that MagicJack hasn't done this yet.) But if VOIPO were to stress this feature, it would be a differential advantage over other providers who have chosen not to copy Vonage. After 30 seconds of thought, I would suggest calling it "The Freeway." VOIPO customers would tell their families to look up their local Freeway number, then dial the VOIPO number. You might even make a generic website URL something like www.thefreeway.com to post the local numbers for all your resellers. The more friends and family who use The Freeway access numbers, the tougher it will be for your subscribers to quit.

OK, let me steal Rocky's product name, but call it Toll-freeway. Or maybe TOLLo?

Allow a 1-8xx number that when called asks for a 4 digit access number (Ideally the last four digits of your primary number (enough 1-8xx numbers as needed to keep that consistent.)

The caller will be routed through to the VOIPo number and ring the customer's VOIPo line. If the customer does not pick up, then its routed to Voicemail. CID of caller would show allow the VOIPo customer to answer. A message would tell the caller to hang-up and wait for their ring-back.

Depending on how much overhead that incurs, it may be possible as a free service.

Vonage, Broadvoxdirect, ... had web services where two numbers could be connected, but that needed www access handy. I don't think too many people found that helpful.
    Last edited by usa2k; 06-09-2008 at 07:15 PM.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBB View Post
    I've got another suggestion. One of the great unknown features of Vonage is Vonage Access. This feature allows the public to call Vonage customers without incurring long distance charges. They've set up local numbers in many rate centers -- call the local Vonage Access number, then key in the Vonage phone number -- and the caller avoids long distance charges. (Can't believe that MagicJack hasn't done this yet.) But if VOIPO were to stress this feature, it would be a differential advantage over other providers who have chosen not to copy Vonage. After 30 seconds of thought, I would suggest calling it "The Freeway." VOIPO customers would tell their families to look up their local Freeway number, then dial the VOIPO number. You might even make a generic website URL something like www.thefreeway.com to post the local numbers for all your resellers. The more friends and family who use The Freeway access numbers, the tougher it will be for your subscribers to quit.
    A feature like this is fantastic, but I'd like to suggest an improvement. Allow VOIPo subscribers to dial into these numbers, and give them the ability to place outbound calls (domestic or international) billed to their VOIPo line. One way to set up such a system would be to have it connect to the VOIPo number when the 10-digit VOIPo number is entered, but ask for a password if 0+ the VOIPo number is entered. Once authenticated, the user would be given a new dialtone. To keep things simple, I'd recommend using the voicemail password, but if there's good reason to separate the passwords, by all means...

Talk about the factor!

Quote Originally Posted by fisamo View Post
    A feature like this is fantastic, but I'd like to suggest an improvement. Allow VOIPo subscribers to dial into these numbers, and give them the ability to place outbound calls (domestic or international) billed to their VOIPo line. One way to set up such a system would be to have it connect to the VOIPo number when the 10-digit VOIPo number is entered, but ask for a password if 0+ the VOIPo number is entered. Once authenticated, the user would be given a new dialtone. To keep things simple, I'd recommend using the voicemail password, but if there's good reason to separate the passwords, by all means...

Talk about the factor!
    I thought VOIPo Connect was supposed to do just this? I was never able to get VOIPo Connect to work, and I haven't tried it in a while. Is it still being worked on?

Quote Originally Posted by caseydoug View Post
    I thought VOIPo Connect was supposed to do just this? I was never able to get VOIPo Connect to work, and I haven't tried it in a while. Is it still being worked on?
    The prototype is still in Alpha, but we're working through bugs and hope to move to into full beta soon.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

You can do exactly this with Voicestick now, its what I use with P8 for international calls because:-
    A. P8 international calls cost more than VS.
    B. P8 international call quality is rather poor.

It did come as a surprise to me the first time how much better the quality was, considering I was bridging from one carrier to another.

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    I mentioned this to Tim before and you may already have it in the works.

When the VPanel opens and the two fields are open, it would be handy to have the cursor already blinking in the username field.
    Then simply hitting the first number of my phone, it fills in the field and then my pw fills in and away I go.

I use Firefox exclusively and find it handy to save all the log-in and pw where applicable.

Neither of the above is earth shaking, but you might want to consider it..
    Burris,

Just consider me a genie in a bottle, because your wish has finally been granted! Enjoy.
    ________
    FERRARI 312
    Last edited by VOIPoBrandon; 03-21-2011 at 07:43 PM.

Brandon..

Thank you...perfect..

burris