Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Horrible service STAY AWAY FROM VOIPO

Default Re: Horrible service STAY AWAY FROM VOIPO

The problem with this all is that everyone thinks they are instantly turned into a IT/Phone guy with this service. I have several accounts and have been a dealer for almost a year now. The only issue I have every had was the features of the web portal not working correctly and 1 time Voipo had a issue that lasted 2 hours before it was fixed. To say its the phone service is not the right way to go, if it was that bad everyone would have problems and the company would not be in business. There is many factors, the biggests is the service coming into the house or business. A lot of areas dont have Verizon Fios and the DSL is only available. Depending on how far you are away from the DSL terminal you will either have a strong service or a weak service that will be a step above dial up. To those of you that dont know what the terminal is it would be the starting point from which the DSL is hitting the town. Cable company techs are lazy and will sometimes hook up service with a old RG6 drop not a RG6 quad shield drop. Again even though you have service doesn't mean you have strong service. The way the wires are run in the house will affect your service. Since I became a dealer I have come across the following issues:

new patch cords (bad)
    new phone cords (bad)
    customers existing phones not working correctly
    new voip Adaptors (bad)
    wires ran to close to electric causing issues
    an existing phone jack bad
    customers service coming into the house had issues, there was a big drop off between the trans and receive causing data packs to get lost or come in corrupted.
    Issues with routers

Unless you know how to trouble shoot the issues you will get no where fast. Voipo tech support is there to trouble shoot their service not know every router ever build, or how to configure someones network. They can only see whats going through their servers etc. If any one is planning on going to provide a cheap phone service to their house or business it is their job at that point to learn how the service works and how to trouble shoot it. Thats the reason why phone companies and cable companies charge so much. its a thing called overhead they need to find a way to pay for the technicians that come out to your house when things go bad. If you want to go cheap remember you are cutting corners and you wont have the option of scheduling a service call. You will need to find someone that installs and services these other types of phone service.

Very well said Aurora. Some say that "Ignorance is Bliss". No; "Ignorance is a PITA - Pain in the ***". There is nothing wrong with being ignorant about something. None of us knows everything. But if you're ignorant, then either learn about what you don't know, or hire someone that does know what they're doing to help you. You are correct. Just because you have voip, and possibly have 2-3 PC's at home with a wireless router, doesn't make you an IT or Phone tech. Matter of fact; many times, such people are more dangerous. Those who know A LOT are great. They can do for themselves and help others. Those who know NOTHING are great. They know they need help and they ask for it. Those who know a LITTLE but THINK they know a LOT, are the most dangerous people I have ever met.

I am one of the original customers with VoipO. I was not only one of their Beta testers, but even an Alpha tester before that. Basically, I've been with voipo since DAY-1. I still have the original PAP2 adapter that they gave out when the service went LIVE. I have changed from DSL to Cable 3mb to Cable 15mb to Cable 30mb service. I have never had one significant issue with the service. Anyone who says that the "Service" (VoipO) is a problem, doesn't have the first clue of what they're talking about. The issue is either
    a) Their ISP is simply not compatible with voipo; (Which is not uncommon or unrealistic). No one voip provider can have 100% compatibility with every possible ISP in the country/world. There are way too many variables.
    b) Their home network. And before anyone says: "But I'm an IT Tech and I know how to do networks"; don't embarrass yourself by admitting that, and that you don't know as much as you think. The truth is, every home network; when combined with your ISP; becomes very unique. Assuming your ISP is compatible with VoipO, there's a 99%+ chance that your voipo service can be set up to coexist with your home network without any problems. But there are going to be ocassions where your network, router, PC running certain software, etc... can have an affect on your voipo service. Maybe it didn't affect your service when you used Vonage or another vendor, but that's NOT VOIPO's fault. Again; you can't expect 100% compatibility with every ISP and every network configuration. And anyone who thinks they should be able to expect 100% compatibility is showing how little they really know.

For what it's worth, the reason the Ma'Bell system had 100% compatibility is because 1) The entire network is THEIR NETWORK. There weren't any ISP's or personal networks to deal with. and 2) All device manufacturers like modems, faxes, DSL modems, etc... had to make their equipment to WORK WITH THE PHONE COMPANY. They didn't make the phone company change their standard to work on the device manufacturers equipment. That's why it was called "THE BELL STANDARD". It was "STANDARD". In the voip world, the internet is NOT STANDARD. The only thing standard about it is the the transmission protocal. But there's nothing standard about the ISP's, PC hardware, Network hardware, software developers, etc...
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!

Mike....

You said it quite well....

If you remember, I was also around since almost the beginning and to date, my service is beyond good. Certainly not true of any of my previous providers.
    So good that I haven't heard a complaint from my wife since I went with VOIPo.

During my tenure on this earth, if that isn't the ultimate test, I don't know what is..

Amen. When I converted to voip; before VoipO (I had 4 other providers prior to VoipO). My wife wasn't too keen on switching to "Internet Phone" compared to Ma'Bell tried and true. Well, she said I could get voip and she'd try it out. If it didn't work, she'd let me know. After I got voip, I tweaked it a few different ways to sunday. (I was using packet8 at the time). Once I had it figured out, I got on my Ma'Bell phone and forwarded the phone to the NEW voip number. I then went out and disconnected the ma'bell service from my inside wiring; wired the jacks together, and fed the new voip into my whole house. The big thing is: "I DIDN'T TELL MY WIFE". About 2-3 weeks later, my wife says: "So, when are you going to get the internet phone so I can try it out"?......... "Oh, I'm sorry. I installed that about 3 weeks ago. That's what you've been using". The rest is history.
    Mike

Default Re: Terrific Service- Highly Recommended!

I suppose I am representative of those that are working well.
    X2!

Wait I have 3 lines here and 1 duplicated at my remote office. X4!
    I Void Warranties.

I had Voipo for eight months. Constant problems. I called tech support numerous times. Each time they fixed the problem, but it came right back. Miserable service! They said if I return the device, they would prorate my service costs, but they manage to calculate it in a way that gave me back almost nothing. This is a horrible company, I would recommend to anyone to stay far away.

I have to say that yes some will have issues. But for me it was Plug & Play.
    I had a few probs but the techs always corrected the issues right away.
    Then it came down to my extremely old cable modem and over heating router I have since replaced both & walla, No Issues..
    Sometimes you just have to look at your equipment and not the provider..

Quote Originally Posted by Kasamba View Post
    I had Voipo for eight months. Constant problems. I called tech support numerous times. Each time they fixed the problem, but it came right back. Miserable service! They said if I return the device, they would prorate my service costs, but they manage to calculate it in a way that gave me back almost nothing. This is a horrible company, I would recommend to anyone to stay far away.
    Let's see...... Overwhelming positive vs negative experiences. (If not, they wouldn't still be in business. And trust me, I've seen a lot of VOIP providers come and go quickly because they had an overwhelming Negative vs Positive experiences). So; an overwhelming positive vs negative record; they've been live and offering service for more than 5 years; (pretty good time in technology years); and because your service is in the minority and didn't work out; it MUST be voipo's fault and they must suck.

Do I have that about right? Here's a good phone for you to use. You can't mess it up.

lg_migo_verizon_z1.jpg
    You can pre-program your 4 favorite/important numbers in it, plus emergency services.
    Mike