Thread: Hawaii calls are charged

Default Hawaii calls are charged

Why are calls to Hawaii and Alaska charged at .03 a minute? When I signed up it said ALL calls to the U.S. and Canada are included NOT all calls to CONTINENTAL U.S. Heck, you even get 60 free minutes to foreign countries but not within our own country. Very disappointed in that, shame on you Voipo.

Default Re: Hawaii calls are charged

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Why are calls to Hawaii and Alaska charged at .03 a minute? When I signed up it said ALL calls to the U.S. and Canada are included NOT all calls to CONTINENTAL U.S. Heck, you even get 60 free minutes to foreign countries but not within our own country. Very disappointed in that, shame on you Voipo.
    Our current promotional plan only includes the continental US and Canada.

We'd love to offer calling to offshore/non lower 48 destinations, but at that particular promotional pricepoint we simply can't because offshore destinations cost so much on the wholesale level. It's all based on cost. Believe it or not, it's a fraction of the cost to call some of the other countries "included" than it is to call say Alaska.

Update: See http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.p...7878#post27878
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 10-02-2012 at 04:11 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Our current promotional plan only includes the continental US and Canada.

We'd love to offer calling to offshore/non lower 48 destinations, but at that particular promotional pricepoint we simply can't because offshore destinations cost so much on the wholesale level. It's all based on cost. Believe it or not, it's a fraction of the cost to call some of the other countries "included" than it is to call say Alaska.
    I can understand costs and all that stuff my biggest gripe is that it should have stated CONTINENTAL U.S. and Canada instead of just free calls to the U.S. and Canada. I am in the military and I am from Hawaii so this was supposed to help me stay in touch with family and friends. All I am saying is that your advertisement is misleading and should be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    I can understand costs and all that stuff my biggest gripe is that it should have stated CONTINENTAL U.S. and Canada instead of just free calls to the U.S. and Canada. I am in the military and I am from Hawaii so this was supposed to help me stay in touch with family and friends. All I am saying is that your advertisement is misleading and should be fixed.
    This is detailed in the Terms of Service. We will look into making it more clear on other areas of our site as well.

Since we've had quite a few people asking about Hawaii in particular, we're looking into this further to see if we can find a carrier partner route that is more cost effective for Hawaii calls that might allow us to include them.

Update: See http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.p...7878#post27878
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 10-02-2012 at 04:11 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

OK, based on the feedback we've gotten about Hawaii, we are adding it back in.

This is the e-mail we sent to all users who have been billed for Hawaii calls that have our unlimited plan.

---
    Calls to Hawaii Now Included

We've gotten quite a bit of feedback recently about calls to Hawaii not being included in our calling plan. We learned from this feedback that calling Hawaii is more important to our users than expected.

As a result of this feedback, we are changing our policy and call to Hawaii are now included with the VOIPo calling plan and are now included with our Unlimited plan. You will not be charged for calls to Hawaii going forward.

As a courtesy, we have also issued a credit of $X to your VOIPo account for any previously billed calls to Hawaii from the last month.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for your business and happy calling!

-The VOIPo Team
    ---

This only impacts calls to Hawaii. Calls to Alaska and other "offshore" destinations are still excluded from the plan.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

That demonstrates to those considering using services from VOIPo that they do listen to customers and act.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    OK, based on the feedback we've gotten about Hawaii, we are adding it back in.

This is the e-mail we sent to all users who have been billed for Hawaii calls that have our unlimited plan.

---
    Calls to Hawaii Now Included

We've gotten quite a bit of feedback recently about calls to Hawaii not being included in our calling plan. We learned from this feedback that calling Hawaii is more important to our users than expected.

As a result of this feedback, we are changing our policy and call to Hawaii are now included with the VOIPo calling plan and are now included with our Unlimited plan. You will not be charged for calls to Hawaii going forward.

As a courtesy, we have also issued a credit of $X to your VOIPo account for any previously billed calls to Hawaii from the last month.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for your business and happy calling!

-The VOIPo Team
    ---

This only impacts calls to Hawaii. Calls to Alaska and other "offshore" destinations are still excluded from the plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by redoneusa View Post
    That demonstrates to those considering using services from VOIPo that they do listen to customers and act.

WooHoo!!!!! Now that is what I am talking about, I knew I picked Voipo for a good reason. MAHALO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
    Hi Tim; your message talks about calls TO Hawaii. What about calls from Hawaii? I have some friends who are planning to move to Hawaii next year and was wondering if it would make sense to recommend VoIPo to them.
    Incoming calls are always the same no matter where the call comes from.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com