Thread: Enabling Force Media Proxy on all accounts

Default Enabling Force Media Proxy on all accounts

I was wondering if it would be advantageous to just set all accounts up with "Force Media Proxy" enabled, just in case a customer connects the ata directly to a router, rather than between the modem and router. Would enabling the "Force Media Proxy" have any ill effect on an ata connected between the modem and router?
    City Wide Phone
    where the talk is cheap!

Default Re: Enabling Force Media Proxy on all accounts

No other resellers have an opinion? What about you Greenlantern? You seem to be very knowledgable.
    City Wide Phone
    where the talk is cheap!

lol, I was waiting for a mod to answer. I'm definitely interested in the answer though.

I have wondered if this is a form of SIP REINVITE or something. If that is the case, it would use more bandwidth to enable it on all accounts.

But I honestly still don't have a solid understanding of what this feature does, when it is needed, or what side effects using it might have.

Thanks GreenLantern. Are there any mods that can clearify this for all resellers that wanted to know, but were afraid to ask? VoipoBrandon?
    City Wide Phone
    where the talk is cheap!

Well, it seems nobody has an answer to this question. The question has stumped all the mods?

There is no real reason NOT to use Force Media Proxy, just some people prefer to maintain a direct media path if possible, instead of having all of their audio route through VOIPo's network because sometimes it may be a more direct connection otherwise.

Thanks for the update VOIPoBrandon