Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Launch Announcement

Default Re: Launch Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by NY Tel Guy View Post
    Does not recognize my e-mail address.
    That's not clear on there, but is being changed.

It's referring to a billing account. Since you don't have a billing account, select new customer.

That's basically there so if you have multiple accounts you can consolidate their billing into one account to manage.

I'll work on a post in the next day or so with a rundown of the public billing process and I think that'll help make things make more sense.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

PM was sent last night

Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    That's not clear on there, but is being changed.

It's referring to a billing account. Since you don't have a billing account, select new customer.

That's basically there so if you have multiple accounts you can consolidate their billing into one account to manage.

I'll work on a post in the next day or so with a rundown of the public billing process and I think that'll help make things make more sense.
    Got it, thanks.

The billing system seems to have worked on my end flawlessly.

I Void Warranties.

A billing question:

I notice under the "Customer Services" tab, it lists my Residential plan as a Founder's special. Underneath the plan description is my DID, which appears as a link, inconveniently linked as "ht-tp://my-did-#/". I would believe that this link is part of the billing system as configured for a hosting service, where it would link to the web page. Here's the question. Will it be possible to set that link up such that it would link to the vPanel, logged in with that DID#? Presumably, if one can get to the billing page, they'd be authorized to get to the associated vPanel for that account. Can anyone think of a reasonable situation where someone would be able to access the billing system but shouldn't access the linked vPanel?

I suppose the next-best thing would be to have that number be a link to http://secure.voipo.com and allow the customer to log in. (That would probably be easier to program in, as well.)

Lightbulb Re: Launch Announcement

Hope Launch goes well, when it goes
    I'll be out of town most of the 8/04/08 week. (Pleasure trip!)

So if it happens I will just have to catch up. (At least I am paid up.)

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Quote Originally Posted by fisamo View Post
    A billing question:

I notice under the "Customer Services" tab, it lists my Residential plan as a Founder's special. Underneath the plan description is my DID, which appears as a link, inconveniently linked as "ht-tp://my-did-#/". I would believe that this link is part of the billing system as configured for a hosting service, where it would link to the web page. Here's the question. Will it be possible to set that link up such that it would link to the vPanel, logged in with that DID#? Presumably, if one can get to the billing page, they'd be authorized to get to the associated vPanel for that account. Can anyone think of a reasonable situation where someone would be able to access the billing system but shouldn't access the linked vPanel?

I suppose the next-best thing would be to have that number be a link to http://secure.voipo.com and allow the customer to log in. (That would probably be easier to program in, as well.)

Yeah, I noticed that too. We could probably easily make it link to the control panel, but integration the sessions/logins will be messy since they are two separate systems.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

I completely agree that integrating the logins would be difficult at best. The main reason I suggested the integration is that ATTCV offers this feature--from your CallVantage control portal, you can access ATT's billing site, and you're automatically logged in. The chief difference, though, is that your username (phone#) and password are the same for both ATT systems, and they're linked--change it in one place, and it's changed in the other.

I think a link to secure.voipo.com would be enough, especially since you're planning to use an in-house billing platform. Save the integration for that system.

A couple of questions re billing:
    1) how do I add the Express Plan to allow the billing for that and the residential to be in the same billing account?
    2) I elected to pay with PayPal, but did not get presented any method to actually make the payment. The due date is tomorrow, so will the payment be automatic tomorrow? I did not get a screen to login to my PayPal account and authorize the payment.

Update ** went back to billing and saw the PayPal Subscribe link.. I had initially glossed over that thinking it was to create a new PayPal account.. all okay now.
    Last edited by arth; 07-31-2008 at 08:05 PM. Reason: rechecked PayPal and saw my mistake

Quote Originally Posted by arth View Post
    A couple of questions re billing:
    1) how do I add the Express Plan to allow the billing for that and the residential to be in the same billing account?
    Typically with multiple accounts you'd just place the order for the 2nd account and when the billing portion asks "Do you have an existing account", just select yes and it'll combine into one billing account.

It's a little tricky with the existing BETA accounts since the accounts already exist. For those, you can either e-mail what you want done to sales@voipo.com and we can manually add to your billing account.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com