Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Launch Announcement

Default bad url in https://billing.voipo.com/clientarea.php?action=products

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    If anyone here knows you're going to order the the Founders plan at launch and would be interested in ordering now and getting setup in the billing system to look for any bugs we missed there and to make sure invoices are generating correctly, etc, please PM me and I'll send you a link. We'll change your renewal date to the August launch vs today.
    while looking the link to submit a ticket I stumbled upon a minor bug
    BTW, I found the link to submit a ticket after I PM'ed Tim; Perhaps the link should be somewhere prominent

Default Re: Launch Announcement

I just went back and read the launch announcement and I was wondering if any of the planned timelines are still in effect. Has the soft launch happened yet? I have a few people on the VIP list and they have not received any emails or launch promotion yet. As far as I know, not much has happened since the first week of august when the soft launch was supposed to occur.

So my question is, can we get an update on when the soft launch will occur, when the public launch occurs, and the date we need to sign up for the founders plan before public launch? Thanks!

Yes, we're running pretty close. We are in soft launch now.

We've been accepting signups for the last 2 weeks or so and getting a handful coming in pretty consistently each day.

We haven't e-mailed the VIP Launch list yet... The main reason for this is that it's a huge list and could bring in a few thousand orders overnight with a decent conversion rate, so we've been holding off on that.

In terms of the beta to founde'sr plan conversion, I would estimate about 80% of the active beta accounts have already been converted so I haven't been pushing it too much. I'll work out some dates and do a post in the next day or so. We do want to get all the accounts cleaned up ASAP. The biggest issue is hundreds where the people don't participate on forums, etc and have little to no activity in the accounts, so we don't know if they are even in use. Those are the ones we're mainly targetting.

Our goal is basically to have all accounts converted or accounted for in some way in the next two weeks. I'm thinking something around 9/15 for a cutoff point, but want to be sure to give people amble time and announce it enough. For anyone looking to cancel, we can maintain the account slightly longer if you have a pending port out you need to wait on or something along those lines.

I'll post some concerte info and dates for conversions soon.

Again, we are accepting new signups from anyone interested. We're just not pushing that at all yet. They'd be able to order with the pricing in the "Launch Updates" public thread and during the pre-launch phase, they can lock in that pricing as a flat rate (we absorb taxes/911). If you know someone interested, here is a backdoor signup form: https://billing.voipo.com/preorder.php

We're still planning on launching the real site in September (with the nicer looking order form obviously).
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    We haven't e-mailed the VIP Launch list yet... The main reason for this is that it's a huge list and could bring in a few thousand orders overnight with a decent conversion rate, so we've been holding off on that.
    How about sorting the list and sending invites by sign-up date, alphabetically, the first thousand, or whatever seems to be a nice breakdown. Then publicize that you are sending invites which will be received in whatever sequence to ensure a smooth enrollment process. I think it's time to _show_ movement to the masses, so the discussions can begin. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by gbh2o View Post
    How about sorting the list and sending invites by ...
    My thought, too! A full scale emailing, no matter how "ready" you think you are, has a high risk of creating chaos. (Remember VT's problems in trying to absorb the SunRocket exodees .... is that a word?)

Quote Originally Posted by N9MD View Post
    My thought, too! A full scale emailing, no matter how "ready" you think you are, has a high risk of creating chaos. (Remember VT's problems in trying to absorb the SunRocket exodees .... is that a word?)
    Yeah it will definitely have to be phased in.

The good thing is that we've been getting a handful of signups a day pretty consistently lately and that's helped us to find and make some changes to the order process that I think really streamlined things a lot.

We're slowly ramping up promoting the fact that we are taking signups. VIP Launch list has to come soon though and be one of the first big pushes because it is the "VIP" list afterall and there's an expectation that it'll be the first big push.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook