Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Launch Announcement

Default Re: Launch Announcement

Good News Indeed!

And great job to all!
    I Void Warranties.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    We are officially ready for a launch countdown.

If all goes as planned, here's what we're looking at...

Founder's Club Plan

Of course this is subject to change, but we're feeling very good about launching within these timeframes. Thanks again to all of you for your help as we've prepared for this.
    ;-) But you really know how to set a hook in a guy.... I guess I'll have to keep that Residential plan after all. The offer I couldn't refuse! [...subject to change ]

This all sounds interesting and pretty good. Question: How is the Express offering impacted? Are you launching both at the same time?

I think I got all the questions here...

1) Express services will be launching at that point as well. The only exception may be the "Send Fax" feature of the fax service since it needs some work. Since the pricing is already 1/5 of the competition (like eFax) that feature may be left out until we improve it.

2) Initially our focus will be on residential customers only with the core offering. Business services will be added at a later date. Express is an exception to this as it's a hybrid solution which is for residential and business.

3) The Founder's Plan will be a flat rate with no additional fees. It will be subject to the standard TOS including softcaps and additional addons will be priced normally. Express pricing will not be discounted since it's already so low.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Hi, Tim..

I feel stupid, but perhaps you would explain what the Express service is all about and how it relates, if it does, to the residential VOIP service..

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

I thank you...Guess I didn't search too well..

I think I got all the questions here...

1) Express services will be launching at that point as well. The only exception may be the "Send Fax" feature of the fax service since it needs some work. Since the pricing is already 1/5 of the competition (like eFax) that feature may be left out until we improve it.
    Thanks for the clarification on Express launch. I figured you'd be launching simultaneously, but I wanted to confirm.

Great idea to hold back the FAX feature. You're far better off leaving the feature out until it's ready for the masses than to compromise your standards to include it in a particular launch date. (After all, you look far better to add 'new' features than to pull features back because they're not working well enough.)

2) Initially our focus will be on residential customers only with the core offering. Business services will be added at a later date. Express is an exception to this as it's a hybrid solution which is for residential and business.
    KISS (though the last S doesn't seem to apply here). :thumbsup:
    3) The Founder's Plan will be a flat rate with no additional fees. It will be subject to the standard TOS including softcaps and additional addons will be priced normally. Express pricing will not be discounted since it's already so low.
    That is even better news! Given the break in price you're offering to us, I certainly wouldn't expect any additional waivers of the rules (e.g. exceeding softcaps, or further discounts on service enhancements), and I agree that your Express pricing is outstanding, and I don't see how you could discount it for anyone. You are certainly being more than fair, here (can anyone say 'understatement'?)... THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    I knew just where to look. The info/pricing could be outdated now ...

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    The short answer is that it's basically a call forwarding only service which offers standalone toll-free numbers and virtual local numbers.

No ATAs, no outbound calls. Incoming forwarding to another number or a SIP address only.

We're going to really be pushing standalone toll-free to our customer base at HostGator because it has a lot of universal appeal for businesses and will be a good introduction for them to VOIPo.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook