Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Launch Announcement

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Launch Announcement

We are officially ready for a launch countdown.

If all goes as planned, here's what we're looking at...

Launch Timeline

We're wrapping up odds and ends and addressing staffing for CS and Level 1 support through the end of the month. There really is nothing major left to do outside of more hiring.

The first week of August, we'll be doing a limited softlaunch. At this point, we'll be taking orders from our VIP Launch Group, select groups of HostGator customers, and from referrals generated by existing customers. This primarily is time to get some real CS scenarios covered and have some "practice" in that area before the traffic starts coming in.

The first week of September, we'll be opening things up publicly and will be accepting signups directly.

We are expecting substantial volume from HostGator. Even though we will purposely not be active pushing the service initially via HostGator, there will be a lot of passive volume just due to numbers. Remember, we host over 1.2 million domains and are adding tens of thousands of customers monthly. HostGator also carries a lot of clout in the hosting industry which will lead to high-profile launch at least within the web hosting industry. We may or may not need to place limitations on orders, but depending on volume, if we need to stop accepting orders briefly we may do so at that point. It's a great problem to have, but getting 50K signups during the first month in production is NOT a good situation.

Once we're past the initial rush, we'll be slowly adding various partners to the mix....we've had a lot of time to work out some pretty decent deals in this area. As an example, VOIPo ATAs are going to be offered on Amazon.com.

From that point on, we'll slow ramp up marketing and introduce the reseller program. We expect to signup 100-200K customers from HostGator within the first 12 months based on projections.

Immediate Future

Next week, you'll see a new teaser site up.

We'll also be sending an e-mail to the VIP Launch Group list and posting various public information including plans, pricing, launch promotions, availability info, policies, and FAQs.

Founder's Club Plan

Currently we have over 1,000 phone numbers active. With that being said, some are HostGator employee accounts and many are in inactive accounts. Some are active, but the account holders have never even registered and posted.

We expect to clean up all accounts in July and will be contacting all account holders with options for keeping the accounts at launch.

We appreciate the feedback and encouragement that we've received from those of you that did post and participate. With that being said, we are going to offer a Founder's Club Plan. Anyone with an existing residential account in the beta will be able to convert it to this plan at launch.

The plan offers the same functionality as our standard residential plans, but will be priced at a flat $10 monthly or $99 yearly.

We're not making any money at all on that, so it will only be available for a limited time at launch primarily to thank those who are active and participated. This rate would remain in effect for the life of the account.

We also plan to still maintain a private beta group for you guys (and likely some new people as well) where we can get ideas and feedback for improving future versions of the service.

Of course this is subject to change, but we're feeling very good about launching within these timeframes. Thanks again to all of you for your help as we've prepared for this.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 07-04-2008 at 05:27 AM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Default Re: Launch Announcement

This is all exciting news Tim. I'll happily pay $99 for a year!
    I'm sure I would have paid what you will offer at launch.

The beta testing has not really been at all negative on WAF. So beta testing as I have experienced, could even be my main home phone number. If beta has to be a separate account, call forwarding to beta is possible - does that really offer good enough feedback? In any case I'm either Stockholm'd or simply 100% sold on your vision. Having a 2-line phone makes outgoing 99% the 1st line on the phone as default, so outgoing was what I started testing the most here.

It sounds like you will be ready full tilt for a Back to School Special.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

All I can say is...."WOW"

I can only wish you/VOIPo the very best of luck.

This is great news! Just curious, are you planning on launching with just residential service at this time?

Also, how will pricing be for the "founder's" group on features like virtual numbers, faxing, etc?
    Last edited by Brian; 07-04-2008 at 06:27 AM.

That is a good point! Businesses may want to try VOIPo and might be forced to pick Residential.
    OR: Will there really be a difference between Residential and Business?

I am sure that some business won't want 5 Residential lines with 5 login numbers
    and 5 different passwords and 5 phone books to maintain.

The vPanel/Billing system will need a unified interface sooner or later.
    Perhaps even extension numbers separate from programming outbound routing.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Is that $99 a year + fees, or is it all inclusive ?

I'm looking forward to Voipo going live

Excellent news and great to hear Voipo going live. Looking forward to it. $99 a year is also an excellent price and looking forward to it too..

Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    We are officially ready for a launch countdown.

If all goes as planned, here's what we're looking at...

Founder's Club Plan

......The plan offers the same functionality as our standard residential plans, but will be priced at a flat $10 monthly or $99 yearly.

We're not making any money at all on that, so it will only be available for a limited time at launch primarily to thank those who are active and participated. This rate would remain in effect for the life of the account.

We also plan to still maintain a private beta group for you guys (and likely some new people as well) where we can get ideas and feedback for improving future versions of the service.

Of course this is subject to change, but we're feeling very good about launching within these timeframes. Thanks again to all of you for your help as we've prepared for this.
    This is a great price and should keep most of us from switching to T-Mobile (that was a joke) landline.
    Will there be any founders jackets or T-shirts?

We can start with this one....
    Last edited by burris; 11-06-2009 at 11:42 AM.

Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    We can start with this one....
    I was thinking LL Bean fleece jackets so we can advertise for Tim....