Thread: Referrals?

Default Referrals?

Tim,

Any plans to offer a referral/affiliate program? Any incentives for current (after going live, of course) customers to send business your way? I'm not looking to lower the price of the founder's plan at all, but asking more in general for regular subscribers.

Default Re: Referrals?

Yes, but it'll likely be closer to the end of the year. We expect so much business from our HG customer base that we're really limiting marketing.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Yes, but it'll likely be closer to the end of the year. We expect so much business from our HG customer base that we're really limiting marketing.
    Tim....

Just out of curiosity, where do you suppose most of those new customers will be transferring from?
    I would guess they're not all coming from POTS.

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    Tim....

Just out of curiosity, where do you suppose most of those new customers will be transferring from?
    I would guess they're not all coming from POTS.
    We're primarily dealing with two groups in the first phase...

Most of them seem to already have had an intro to VoIP and use Vonage or "Digital Phone" from a cable company.

I think Vonage and the cable companies have done a great job at introducing people to the technology (yes digital phone is a little different...but it's still an alternative service) and getting them to trust landline replacements.

More or less most a lot of people seem to be in a state where they're content with the service, but they either want something as stable that is cheaper or they think it's stable, but just boring and are looking for some more functionality.

The other group is basically made up of people who have an existing relationship with us as customers for hosting, but haven't really taken the leap yet. HostGator is a very strong brand and has a huge loyal following of people who we think the brand will help sway them into looking at VoIP. In a lot of cases, we're looked at as the good guys and a segment of our customer base is loyal basically to any service we offer that they have a use for.

This is one of the key factors that helped cable companies...existing relationships with a customer base. People know and at least feel comfortable (don't know that I'd say trust) the service already and have been hearing about that "internet phone" and seeing the service from a known company they already do business with is better in their eyes than another company they see an ad for.

Independent VoIP is tough, but we have a massive customer base to build from already.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook