Thread: Incoming disconnect

Default Incoming disconnect

Has anyone experienced this issue of disconnect. I have a ticket open, but no success fixing the problem.

Starting about a week ago, I receive a disconnect when answering a random incoming call. Doesn't always happen, but today I received an incoming call on port 1. When I answered the line was dead, really dead as in no talk voltage from the ATA. The zero voltage was also shown on the port 2 line. This lasted for about 5 seconds after the phone on port 1 was returned onhook, then everything returned to normal dialtone on both ports. The incoming call went to VM. I am using the VoIPo HT502 connected directly to the cable modem. Internet access was not affected. Even when not registered, the ATA provides sidetone voltage and a device not registered message. Did not receive any message and see zero port voltage. Could be a defective ATA?

Default Re: Incoming disconnect

Hello,

How are you measuring voltage? Also -- what intermediate connection(s) do you have between the ATA and your phone(s)? i.e. House Wiring, Answering Machine, etc?

First the easy question. There is nothing between the wireless base phone and port 1 and nothing between the hardwired phone and port 2. Both are connected by a separate RJ11 cord.

As to voltage, I haven't yet really measured the voltage during the disconnect. I guess that is the next step to fully verify the drop. I did measure the voltage onhook at 46.5 ( actuality BSP -47 volts). That is within limits.
    Off hook is 6.6 volts which is exactly where it should be. The phone sidetone is generated between the mouthpiece and earpiece when the approximate 600 ohm load is placed across the line. One would continue to hear sidetone down to under 1 volt, although the level is greatly reduced. Since I hear absolutely nothing the voltage is absent from the line during the disconnect.

The hardwired phone on port 2 has a off-hook light the triggers under about 12 volts. Even when the port 2 phone is onhook the in-service light activates when port 1 has the disconnect, and even for about 5 second after port 1 is returned on hook. So with both phones on hook and no load on the ATA, the voltage is absent for about 5 seconds. Then dialtone returns normally. There is no indication that the ATA has unregistered.

Please PM me your account username as well as an example Call Reference ID in order that I may further investigate.

The Call Reference ID can be obtained via your call history and clicking on Call From or Call To phone number for the applicable call history entry.

Thank you.

Thanks for your offer to look into this situation. Tier two support triggered a software update on the HT502 to the latest firmware(1.0.7.6). This seems to have solved the disconnect issue. The previous firmware was several revisions from current. Time will tell if the update is a permanent fix. Could have been a corrupted firmware that was fixed with the update

I notice that the auto-update feature is not enabled for these devices, so it is a manual trigger.