Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sporadic Failover Calls in the past couple of months

Default Re: Sporadic Failover Calls in the past couple of months

Yes. Looks like their clocks are off again, by almost a minute. So registrations are expiring early, causing inbound calls to failover.

Outbound calls work, because they open connection at time of the call.

I've reported it, but you should too.

Thanks for confirming, I will open a ticket as well (on behalf of my father). I see BYOD users complaining about the registration issue over on DSL reports. I've confirmed this is not occurring on their SIP servers for provisioned users (sip-central01).

I'm assuming this is being worked by Tier 2 support. Would you happen to have the name of the Voipo tech working your support ticket?

FYI: I've complained to Tim before about their lack of oversight on these BYOD servers before, so this is just another classic example.

Update 4/10: (BYOD sip) seems to be fixed to a certain degree. The ATA registration value needs to be set lower than 4 minutes to avoid a brief 2 second premature expiration from server. For example, an ATA registration setting of 3 minutes, shows a server expiration in vPanel of 3 minutes and 58 seconds. This allows the ATA to re-register in plenty of time before the server expiration (a 58 second cushion). As of yesterday, BYOD sip7 was still screwed up. Server registrations were prematurely expiring anywhere from 20 to 90 seconds depending upon the ATA registration settings. I have not checked sip7 today.

yeah, ticket got escalated to Tim and Brandon. They seem to have sorted it out. Though if what you say about 2 seconds is true, that is still a problem in my mind.

I agree it is frustrating that byod and resellers seem to be a bit of an afterthought lately.