Thread: @att.net blocked even more ?

Default @att.net blocked even more ?

I know there has been issues with AT&T blocking email messages, and that was one of the reasons I could not get voicemail messages on my cell using @mms.att.net, but I always got notification via text message on my phone.

It seems something has changed and as of today I no longer get any messages from Voipo at my @txt.att.net address either. Is this something that changed on Voipo's end, or has AT&T become more aggressive in their blocking of what they consider spam ?

Default Re: @att.net blocked even more ?

If you check the hostgator forums, you will see there have been major issues with the AT@T email system not communicating with the rest of the poisoned world !!!!!

Default Re: @att.net blocked even more ?

Quote Originally Posted by Montano View Post
    I know there has been issues with AT&T blocking email messages, and that was one of the reasons I could not get voicemail messages on my cell using @mms.att.net, but I always got notification via text message on my phone.

It seems something has changed and as of today I no longer get any messages from Voipo at my @txt.att.net address either. Is this something that changed on Voipo's end, or has AT&T become more aggressive in their blocking of what they consider spam ?
    AT&T became more 'selective' in what they were accepting. I believe they are relying on some less than accurate RBL 'blacklists' that may be indicating large blocks of many ISPs should be avoided. I had to point out their error regarding my domains and IP addresses about a month ago. AT&T backed off from denying my servers. Embarf is a prime example of an ISP that creates a lot of problems for their business DSL customers by refusing to comply with IANA/ARIN policies that "ISPs must provide reassignment information on the entire previously allocated block(s) via SWIP or RWHOIS server for /29 or larger blocks. " In addition, many companies like AT&T and even the State of North Carolina are erroneously citing _matching_ reverse DNS as a prerequisite for mail servers.
    Last edited by gbh2o; 07-08-2008 at 08:18 PM.