Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Porting Procedures?

Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)

Default Re: Porting Procedures?

For what it is worth, I posted on DSLR that I am now ViaTalk-free.
    I sent them the adapter, they received it, canceled my account and I could not be happier that I am away from that house of cards.

Thanks for the comments. As much as a "Techno-Geek" that I am; and the fact that I've been in the telecom business for 30 years; and that's i've worked for Ma'Bell; I DON'T LIKE OR HAVE CORDLESS PHONES. Sorry, that's just how I am. No where near as good of quality. But that isn't what this is about. Suffice it to say, that I'm not going to redo my phone system in my house.

Now, what I have currently are 10 phones; 2 directv receivers; and 1 fax machine. The key to connecting so many phones isn't trying to USE MORE THAN 2 at a time. Sometimes the wife and I will be on the phone at the same time talking to my son at the Air Force Academy. The key thing it has to be able to handle, is the RING VOLTAGE. For the Linksys; I simply left only 4 phones with the ringers turned on. I turned the ringers off of the others. Then there isn't a problem with the adapter handling the phones. You can always hear a phone ringing somewhere.

I guess I will try it tomorrow when the port happens. I can change around which phones ring and such and experiment as needed. Just wondering if anyone had multiple phone jacks connected. Thx.... Mike....
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!

I use a 2-line Panasonic 5.8GHz cordless phone and the GT 286 is directly connected to 1 line on the Panasonic with 2 handsets. I use dry dsl and haven't had a chance to figure out if i can use 1 line of the internal home wiring to connect voip.

Well I swapped out the Grandstream for my Packet8 adapter. I can dial out and it sounds fine. Just have to wait til this afternoon and see how the incoming is after the number ports.

After that, I guess it will be time to call up Packet8 and make sure my account with them is canceled. Looking forward to the port. Never had any real problems with Packet8; but it has appeared that the VoipO line has had better quality. I've taken the adapter to Mexico and Belize and it worked fine. I see a lot of good things coming with VoipO. Later... Mike.....
    Mike

Well, a little after 10am, I called home on the VoipO adapter, and my daughter answered the phone. That means that the port went through. It rang 3 times, so that also means that the adapter seems to be able to handle my home phones hooked up. I will do some experimenting with it tonight to make sure it doesn't become overloaded.

Thanks for the prompt porting Tim and VoipO team. I faxed/emailed VoipO my paperwork on July 9th. That means it took 16 days to complete the port. Plus, with Tim/VoipO keeping me abreast of the progress, I am very satisfied that if this is the norm when public customers come onboard, that they will be very pleased. Excellent job. Later.... Mike....
    Mike

Default Re: Founders Faux Pas in DID# listing on Billing site.

Tim -- please have your people call my people ... er-r-r-r- ... that is, have them check out TT#NXO-321510.

Just in case others might have encountered a similar problem, here's the gist:

I recently converted to the Founders' Annual Account Plan. My correct VOIPo# 973-302-xxxx is shown under the secure.voipo.com log-in. An incorrect VOIPo# 973-208-yyyy (NJ area code) is listed on the billing.voipo.com webpage. I did originally have VOIPo# 561-208-yyyy (FL area code) as my main DID# with VOIPo. Tim graciously allowed me to port the FL # to another provider last year, when it was found that I could not register VOIPo on my PAP2T-NA in my Boca Raton home with Comcast as the broadband connection.

To add to the stew, I am now in the midst of porting my constantly used home NJ # from VT to VOIPo.

So, I'm hoping to avoid any confusion by correcting the billing.voipo.com info to reflect my actual current VOIPo #. And I don't want my FL DID# working thru Comcast to evaporate.

-- Cliff

Default Re: Founders Faux Pas in DID# listing on Billing site.

Ticket already updated

Quote Originally Posted by N9MD View Post
    Tim -- please have your people call my people ... er-r-r-r- ... that is, have them check out TT#NXO-321510.

Just in case others might have encountered a similar problem, here's the gist:

I recently converted to the Founders' Annual Account Plan. My correct VOIPo# 973-302-xxxx is shown under the secure.voipo.com log-in. An incorrect VOIPo# 973-208-yyyy (NJ area code) is listed on the billing.voipo.com webpage. I did originally have VOIPo# 561-208-yyyy (FL area code) as my main DID# with VOIPo. Tim graciously allowed me to port the FL # to another provider last year, when it was found that I could not register VOIPo on my PAP2T-NA in my Boca Raton home with Comcast as the broadband connection.

To add to the stew, I am now in the midst of porting my constantly used home NJ # from VT to VOIPo.

So, I'm hoping to avoid any confusion by correcting the billing.voipo.com info to reflect my actual current VOIPo #. And I don't want my FL DID# working thru Comcast to evaporate.

-- Cliff
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

I'm porting from VoicePulse and they don't have a single page or even email that has my name, phone number etc all on the same page. Crazy I know. What information has to be on the billing/verification page that accompanies the porting form? Do I need to print multiple pages from my online account? I just want to be sure that I get it right the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by varaonaid View Post
    I'm porting from VoicePulse and they don't have a single page or even email that has my name, phone number etc all on the same page. Crazy I know. What information has to be on the billing/verification page that accompanies the porting form? Do I need to print multiple pages from my online account? I just want to be sure that I get it right the first time.
    The most important is name/number. If you need to do multiples, that's fine. The more info the better.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Cool, thanks. That's what I needed to know. I may not be able to get it all on one page but I can get the information.