Thread: SPAM / NOROMBO does not work

Default SPAM / NOROMBO does not work

I have been getting bombarded with the same attached voicemails. Each come from a different number. I finally enabled NOROMBO, but these unwanted voicemails keep coming. What can be done?

Well I could not attach my file for some reason. I could select a file but not upload. It is basically a voicemail about healthcare.

Default Re: SPAM / NOROMBO does not work

I assume your phone does not ring, if so blocking the number even if you could would be ineffective. Since the phone never rings NOMOROBO is similarly not effective. Spammers have a new "technique" of dropping voicemails directly into your voicemail mailbox without ringing your phone. Registering a complaint with the FCC is the only thing you can do right now and if they get enough complaints will respond. Ultimately technology will have to be updated to block this type of spam.

Quote Originally Posted by voipinit View Post
    I assume your phone does not ring, if so blocking the number even if you could would be ineffective. Since the phone never rings NOMOROBO is similarly not effective. Spammers have a new "technique" of dropping voicemails directly into your voicemail mailbox without ringing your phone. Registering a complaint with the FCC is the only thing you can do right now and if they get enough complaints will respond. Ultimately technology will have to be updated to block this type of spam.
    I did not hear the phone ring because I was not home, but the call does show in the incoming log. Not sure how you file a complaint with the FCC as no two calls come from the same number. I did start keeping a log of the numbers used.

BTW...Since my last post, I think only one additional call got past NOROMBO.

I don't know if NOROMBO learns as it goes on or what, but not one call has got by since my last post.