Thread: Voicemail Indicator

Default Voicemail Indicator

Hi, I just returned to VOIPo after 4 rears with another carrier. I didn't remember why I left until I re-signed and seen the old support tickets. There was a Multi-Ring problem and I think also The Voicemail indicator didn't seem to work.

After those years, the Multi-Ring now works just fine, but the Voicemail indicator on my Panasonic cordless phones do not. I am using an OBI202 and did see some settings for this. I just tested it and it does not state "Voicemail" and the blinking light does not blink on the handset. But, about 3PM everyday, the phones do say "Voicemail" and the light flashes, although there are not any voicemails. To clear those indicators I have to go to my VOIPo portal and under Voicemail click on Update Indicator.

Has anyone had success getting the voicemail indicator to work? If so I would like to know what setting you use.

Thanks, Hollywood

Default Re: Voicemail Indicator

They do have some MWI problems. Recently, I never could get it to work correctly on my father's BYOD SPA2102 with his AT&T handsets. It somehow kept changing the MWI setting in the ATA to disabled even though Voipo had no provisioning or admin rights to the BYOD ATA. I finally gave up and just set him up in vPanel to receive the voicemails via email.

The MWI does work correctly on my Yealink SIP DECT handset. However, it does take a few minutes for the MWI to show up after receiving voicemails and a few minutes for it to disappear after deleting the voicemails. I do not see any false MWIs which you are experiencing.

I don't know much about OBI ATA's, but you may want see post #8 in this thread:
    https://www.voipo.com/forums/showthr...ipo-vs-Generic
    Last edited by tritch; 07-12-2018 at 09:44 AM.

Default Re: Voicemail Indicator

Quote Originally Posted by tritch View Post
    I don't know much about OBI ATA's, but you may want see post #8 in this thread:
    https://www.voipo.com/forums/showthr...ipo-vs-Generic
    Thanks tritch. I actually seen that thread about a week ago when I googled the issue and used it to guide me. I might play with it a bit more, but may go with email notifications if that is easier.

Hollywood