Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Charlie Tester"

Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)

Default Re: "Charlie Tester"

Quote Originally Posted by varaonaid View Post
    OK, I feel kinda stupid, but I didn't think that call waiting was available yet on VOIPo yet. Glad to know it is.

Having said that, how do I disable it? DH (and I) both really dislike CW so I'd rather go ahead and make sure it's disabled.
    Let me add to that.....I have call waiting activated on my line and I can answer a call while on a call by flashing the switchook.
    However, once I do that - there is no way to get back to the original caller who was presumably placed on hold.
    I the normal scenario, you can toggle back and forth between the 2 calls.
    Jut my GS observations. I have tested it with many different wired phones all with the same result.

After we had VOIPo for a few weeks and had the number ported, I asked my wife if everything was all right since she talks on the phone far more than I do.

She said, it was great except that sometimes when she was on the phone she heard ringing on the line like she had placed a call.

I didn't think much about it until it happened to me and I figured out it was call waiting.

It doesn't matter to me if it rings or beeps as long as I know what it is, and now I do.

Quote Originally Posted by digger16309 View Post
    After we had VOIPo for a few weeks and had the number ported, I asked my wife if everything was all right since she talks on the phone far more than I do.

She said, it was great except that sometimes when she was on the phone she heard ringing on the line like she had placed a call.

I didn't think much about it until it happened to me and I figured out it was call waiting.

It doesn't matter to me if it rings or beeps as long as I know what it is, and now I do.
    Hehe, my wife did mention that she heard ringing while she was "talking" to her friend, and i told her it was probably from the tv. Later, her dad called my cell, and asked if our phone was broken
    my wish list:
    1. Intelligent Call Forwarding that detects the incoming call originated from the "forwarded" phone and rings the original destination instead
    2. Call History that makes use of CallerID/Custom CallerID+Location. Call History only shows Custom CallerId+Loc. No CNAM look up; Albeitly,it's a step in the right direction!
    3. Scheduled sim. ring with a twist (see wish #1)

What worked for me last time I had a call waiting was to use the flash button to answer the incoming call. When the call ended I hung up rather than pushing the flash button to get back to the previous caller. Hanging up caused the phone to ring, answering the phone got me back to the original caller.
    When ever I used the flash button to go back to the first call I always lost the caller.

Don't know if hanging up to end the conversation with the second caller will always work but it worked the one time I tried it, got me back to the first caller.

Update: Call just came in while I was on the phone, the process I described above failed. I lost the first caller.
    Last edited by GTOJim; 10-06-2008 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Process Described Failed

Quote Originally Posted by GTOJim View Post
    What worked for me last time I had a call waiting was to use the flash button to answer the incoming call. When the call ended I hung up rather than pushing the flash button to get back to the previous caller. Hanging up caused the phone to ring, answering the phone got me back to the original caller.
    When ever I used the flash button to go back to the first call I always lost the caller.

Don't know if hanging up to end the conversation with the second caller will always work but it worked the one time I tried it, got me back to the first caller.

Update: Call just came in while I was on the phone, the process I described above failed. I lost the first caller.
    This should be addressed late this month for sure. We'll be making a big equipment-related announcement. I've just wrapped up something with Grandstream and we have a big order arriving soon.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    This should be addressed late this month for sure. We'll be making a big equipment-related announcement. I've just wrapped up something with Grandstream and we have a big order arriving soon.
    Founders Jackets?

Quote Originally Posted by NY Tel Guy View Post
    Founders Jackets?
    My Vonage Cap came with a Vonage Shirt, but those things are often too small! Oversized is always better than too small.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Quote Originally Posted by usa2k View Post
    My Vonage Cap came with a Vonage Shirt, but those things are often too small! Oversized is always better than too small.
    I overheard Tim saying that he was looking in the LL Bean Catalogue to order laptop bags for all of us with the Voipo logo.
    That would be nice.

Its getting cold now in Michigan ...

Then again a nice Texas Stetson might be nice

I bet my Father-In-Law would wear a VOIPo belt buckle ... mmm maybe not.

HEY! Those reflectors for car windows could say VOIPo
    And those side window shades too!
    Last edited by usa2k; 10-07-2008 at 07:06 PM.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Talking Re: "Charlie Tester"

I've got 60 gross of shirts ready to ship.