Thread: VOIPO and MagicJack

Question VOIPO and MagicJack

Does any one has issue with receiving/making calls from VOIPO to MagicJack? I cannot receive calls from MagicJack on my ported number, but I can receive calls on my temporary virtual number issued by VOIPO. Before porting the number to VOIPO I was able to receive calls from MJ on that number. I have created a support ticket, but just wondering if any one else had this problem?

Default Re: VOIPO and MagicJack

Was your number ported from MJ? They may not know it is ported and are trying a direct MJ sip number?
    Just a stab in the dark - don't have MJ.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Angry Re: VOIPO and MagicJack

No the number was ported out from PhonePower. When this number was with PP, there was no problem receiving calls from MJ. I have been in touch with support and it seems there is a conflict between MJ and VOIPo and MJ blocking calls to some CLECs and it seems my number fallen into the non-ILEC area of MJ after ported to VOIPo.

Quote Originally Posted by JacobsLive View Post
    No the number was ported out from PhonePower. When this number was with PP, there was no problem receiving calls from MJ. I have been in touch with support and it seems there is a conflict between MJ and VOIPo and MJ blocking calls to some CLECs and it seems my number fallen into the non-ILEC area of MJ after ported to VOIPo.
    Magicjack is not supposed to block traffic since that's against FCC regulations.

I do have a likely solution for you though (an internal port to an alternative upstream carrier). I PMed you info.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Thank you Tim. If this is against FCC regulations I am definitely filing a complaint against MJ with FCC. Last year I had to file a complaint with FCC against them and wi FCC intervention MJ fixed the issue. Hope if all affected MJ customers and non customers fill FCC with same complaint, MJ will stop doing this malpractice.

You are definitely "Man with a Plan". Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Magicjack is not supposed to block traffic since that's against FCC regulations.

I do have a likely solution for you though (an internal port to an alternative upstream carrier). I PMed you info.
    If it is against FCC regulations to block traffic, then Magic Jack is violating rules. I was a MJ customer for a couple years, but they started to either block or redirect calls to numbers owned by "FreeConferenceCall.com" and send the MJ customer to their own conference calling system. I found that impossible to deal with, because I wanted to join conference calls set up by others hosted at www.freeconferencecall.com, but could never get connected through MJ; I had to use another line.

I tried to "reason" with their support staff, but they just responded that it was their "policy". I left their service (with some anger in my heart) primarily because of this policy, but I didn't know they had violated the law.

One of my questions to voipo.com, before signing up for service, was whether voipo did anything like that. Nobody at voipo suggested that it would be illegal to do so, either.

Thanks for the information!!