Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Home Wiring Not Supported? Please help

Default Re: Home Wiring Not Supported? Please help

Hard drive manufacturing don't "RESTRICT" an individual from taking the drive apart. There are screws in the back of a hard drive. A screwdriver fits the screw. And; if somehow, your HD (hard drive - storage disk) becomes inoperative because of your screwdriver; because the customer didn't know what they were doing, then manufacturer simply isn't going to warrant the drive. To make it clear that taking the drive apart voids the warranty, all drive manufacturers put a sticker saying so.

No other VSP that I know of voids the warranty if you put the adapter into home wiring. Not saying that clearly is asking for trouble. christcorp disagrees. Frankly, I don't care - it's VOIPo that is opening themselves for class action; not me or christcorp. So, the ultimate choice is really Tim's...

I also wish Voipo best and want it to stay in business (after all, I have some 3 years prepaid) - but, frankly, such sycophantic attitude is not helping.

Default Re: Home Wiring Not Supported? Please help

Quote Originally Posted by christcorp View Post
    VoipO doesn't "RESTRICT" an individual from using their home wiring. There's no way they could restrict it. It's not possible. They simply don't support it. And; if somehow, your ATA (Analog Telephone Adapter - voip adapter) becomes inoperative because of your home wiring; because the customer didn't know what they were doing, then VoipO simply isn't going to warrant the adapter. VoipO doesn't need to do anything to make it clearer. The back of the adapter has a jack. It's intended for you to put a PHONE in it. What you plug into it is totally up to you. But it's your responsibility.
    This thread is getting off-topic, closing it out with these final words.

We individually review each and every scenario in regards to a device replacement.

If there is obviously a problem with a device that is not related to damage caused by house wiring or lack of proper care from subscriber - the device will be replaced.

Quite frankly - I could not have said what Christcorp said any better.

There is no way that we can *physically* prevent an end user from physically plugging the ATA in their house wiring, however do so at your own risk.

Our service is designed to provide cheap affordable reliable phone service - not to absorb the cost of (un|intentional) damaged devices due lack of care from subscriber.

In order to maintain this cheap affordable price, we must maintain this stance on device care and use.