Thread: Reseller Account name showing on some number's caller ID

Default Reseller Account name showing on some number's caller ID

why are some of my numbers on my reseller account showing my name, on the caller ID?

this is a reseller account, no names should be showing unless requested!

Default Re: Reseller Account name showing on some number's caller ID

You will likely want to open a ticket and or shoot me a PM with details - in order that we may look into this for you.

This definitely sounds strange; seeing as we do not even offer Outbound Caller-ID Name to reseller accounts.

Thanks!

Edit **correction** -- we have added a beta section for Outbound CNAM to reseller accounts, however still requires manual submission as we will not auto-populate anything.

Update--- from what i found out any ported in number can bring there old Caller ID name with them. if you port a number in after porting request Voipo to remove the name. FYI

I'm not following you. How is your name showing on the caller id of your customers ported in number. Their name should be showing, not yours. I have many ported in numbers that contain the name of the customer. Why would you want to remove their names from the caller id?
    City Wide Phone
    where the talk is cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by wingsohot View Post
    I'm not following you. How is your name showing on the caller id of your customers ported in number. Their name should be showing, not yours. I have many ported in numbers that contain the name of the customer. Why would you want to remove their names from the caller id?
    the number was mine, sometimes voipo doesn't have a number in some areas, so you can port one to get one in that area.