Thread: Just comparing to future-nine.com

Default Just comparing to future-nine.com

Since they are so active on DSLR, I took a look to see what they offer.
    (No not remotely considering their service, just looking at their features.)

From the pic I added, they are beta and seem to think 911 is not needed during beta?

I also see they charge $25 for LNP.

Their year plan is $135 with a 3000+ minute cap. which seems its not a firm number.
    Same with incoming on all their offerings: 3000+ minutes

It has recently come to our attention that many small businesses around the nation are getting denied by Craigslist simply because their phone number is not a "Fixed Line".

We have the solution for you! Our phone numbers are ALL fixed lines and work with Craigslist!
    How to take advantage of this offer:

• 1. Sign up for a Pay-As-You-Go account using this link.
    • 2. Log into your account, and deposit some funds into your account.
    • 3. Order a phone number from our web console. Please put "CRAIGSLIST" and the number you wish the calls to be forwarded to in the "Special Requests" field.

That's it! Once your number is provisioned you will be able to use it with Craigslist with no problems!
    That quote is unusual too. Is Craigslist something VOIPo is concerned about? Your soft launch is really Residential for now ...

NITZAN is a one man wrecking crew in a great way on DSLR. ALWAYS THERE, and customers are always helped. Services will surely get compared to this much posted about service.
    Last edited by usa2k; 11-10-2009 at 06:34 PM.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Default Re: Just comparing to future-nine.com

This eems an odd place to discuss Future-Nine. I think you would find that Nitzan is quite willing to answer any questions about his company should you address them directly to him. He certainly has answered all of mine during his beta development.

I think Future-Nine focuses on a different market than we do. They seem to want the hobbyist market where we go for a more mainstream market.

There are also some issues like not offering E911 service and he's not listed as a USF contributor. Both of those are big red flags as they could be facing huge penalties and shut down overnight if that ever came up. Nitzan brushes it off when asked in forums by people. Too many little things seem to be missing.

I just don't really consider Future Nine competition to he honest.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 08-02-2008 at 01:21 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by gbh2o View Post
    This seems an odd place to discuss Future-Nine.
    Perhaps ... Just thinking out loud. I tend to get attached to a company like VOIPo because of all the available interaction. I tend to ponder this and that. I didn't want to bring this up in a public forum because I am not out to criticize Nitzan.

I agree they seem more hobbyist oriented, yet they address things like Craigslist, and have a business plan - yet they are beta. Guess I should Google the significance of Craigslist. I was an interesting mix of things going on at that site.

I was pretty active at one brainstorming about Vonage. I had many questions directly answered by Jeffrey Citron thru DSLR IM and sometimes through email. I actually talked to him a couple times by IM before I clued into who he was! I don't think he ever posted on DSLR, but he used to visit often.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!