Thread: Just about had it with voipo. Had problem with voice breaking up now softphone

Default Just about had it with voipo. Had problem with voice breaking up now softphone

Finally got the problem with my voice breaking up at the other end. Took about 3 or 4 e-mails finally Clay got on line and resolved issue with router. Problem was that the was not continuity from one e-mail to the other. Had to ask for a supervisor to get Clay on line to help. Now I bought the OBi110 because of the issue with the house wiring. Attempted several times to register it with VOIPO and every time error regarding authorization. Found the e-mail with the correct password etc. In attempt to verify that the password was correct I reset account info using X-Lite on the PC. NOW that one giving the same error but worked fine until I initiated a new verification. Now I went to my android cell phone which had been setup and working. It too is saying unauthorized registration.

Checking the V-Panel I now see my sip device is missing. Got a e-mail back saying go to v-panel and have another e-mail sent with password etc. Can't locate that. You get about 3 different answers why the house wiring is not supported.

SOMETHING HAS CHANGED ON VOIPO SIDE. You just can't get anywhere.

Default Re: Just about had it with voipo. Had problem with voice breaking up now softphone

UPDATE-What a little bit of fresh air will do! I went to the v-panel where it says Softphone / BYOD and clicked on the SAVE box. A new password was sent. Damn! it's not very user friendly. My android cell phone and yes, OBi110 is working with the new password. In the Connected Devices it now shows ALL devices connected; HT702, Android cell phone, and OBi110. Apparently the original password got hosed or maybe too many attempts of setting up the OBI110 deleted it.
    Now I am a happy camper it things continue to work. I love the features in VOIPO especially the Find Me.
    Just a note; only two sip devices are allowed.
    Last edited by VillageGuy; 02-23-2013 at 07:28 PM.

Default Re: Just about had it with voipo. Had problem with voice breaking up now softphone

Quote Originally Posted by VillageGuy View Post
    Damn! it's not very user friendly.
    Just a note; only two sip devices are allowed.
    Glad to know it all worked out. Yeah, if you meant the account panel is not user friendly, I agree with you! But at the end of the day, whatever options available in control panel is working! That is important.

Heck, yeah don't you think 2 additional devices are more than enough?

I came to VOIPO from a company that as bit fancier website than VOIPO, but it doesn't work well all time time. So I guess, look doesn't matter but functions.

I have a android cell phone and a nexus 7 tablet. By using these two devices I reduce cell phone call usage. Plus it is handy to have softphone setup on the pc. Can exist with 2 sip devices. But not knowing only 2 sip devices are allowed contributed to the confusion when trying to add the OBi110. Got to say that when you get help from a supervisor things get corrected.

Using a soft phone in addition to the regular Grandstream adapter is a great feature.