Thread: Industry Notes

Default Industry Notes

I'm not sure how many of you follow a lot of the industry, but I'm assuming some of you do. Packet8 has their earnings call today and announced an operating income of nearly $700K for the quarter. Their numbers keep improving.

Just goes to prove what I've been saying all along that independent pure play VoIP can be profitable.

---

"GAAP net income for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2008 was $691,000 or $0.01 per share, compared with a loss of $2.9 million, or ($0.05) per share for the same period last year. Operating income for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2008 was $695,000, the company's first reported operating income since the inception of the Packet8 business. Operating cash flow for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2008 was $420,000 and $3 million for all of fiscal 2008. The company ended its 2008 fiscal year with no debt and cash and investments of $14.6 million, an increase of approximately $2.6 million from the end of fiscal 2007."

---
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Default Re: Industry Notes

Wow, and of all the companies, I'm a little surprised - their advertising/DSLR group isn't nearly as big as some of the others.

Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    I'm not sure how many of you follow a lot of the industry, but I'm assuming some of you do. Packet8 has their earnings call today and announced an operating income of nearly $700K for the quarter. Their numbers keep improving.

Just goes to prove what I've been saying all along that independent pure play VoIP can be profitable.

---

"GAAP net income for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2008 was $691,000 or $0.01 per share, compared with a loss of $2.9 million, or ($0.05) per share for the same period last year. Operating income for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2008 was $695,000, the company's first reported operating income since the inception of the Packet8 business. Operating cash flow for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2008 was $420,000 and $3 million for all of fiscal 2008. The company ended its 2008 fiscal year with no debt and cash and investments of $14.6 million, an increase of approximately $2.6 million from the end of fiscal 2007."

---
    Wow that is closely mirroring that company by the Clifton Country Mall

Quote Originally Posted by NY Tel Guy View Post
    Wow that is closely mirroring that company by the Clifton Country Mall
    I don't know I'd insult Packet8 with that kind of comparison. Packet8 is a good company.

Interestingly, Bryan Martin opted into the VIP Lauch Group list last week. I sent him a personal note to welcome him.

Some other people I know of use fake names to check in on it...it was refreshing to see him just use his real name. Market research is always good.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

As a "Past" Packet8 user for many years, I can definitely say good things about Packet8 and especially Bryan Martin. I have met with and spent time with Bryan. I do a lot of business in California, and I've met with Bryan at the Von Conference; at the 8X8 headquarters, etc... He is a very good CEO and has been with the company for almost 20 years. He's worked his way up to where he is.

Some think he and Packet8 are a little "TOO CONSERVATIVE" when it comes to upgrades, features, etc... but that is their business model. That is something I am glad to see with VoipO. Take your time; do it once; do it right. Obviously, the only people getting frustrated and impatient, are DSLReports/BBR members who read about VoipO on the forum. But guess what; they aren't VoipO's main customer base. Nor should they be for ANY provider. Forum users account for less than 5% of actual users. They are usually more technical and experienced; very good source of feedback and assistance; but not the average user. The "PUBLIC" isn't aware of VoipO's delays and such, and therefor aren't IMPATIENT.

But Packet8 is a very good company that has a lot of positive attributes and some of which should be modeled and studied. Later... mike....
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by christcorp View Post
    As a "Past" Packet8 user for many years, I can definitely say good things about Packet8 and especially Bryan Martin. I have met with and spent time with Bryan. I do a lot of business in California, and I've met with Bryan at the Von Conference; at the 8X8 headquarters, etc... He is a very good CEO and has been with the company for almost 20 years. He's worked his way up to where he is.

Some think he and Packet8 are a little "TOO CONSERVATIVE" when it comes to upgrades, features, etc... but that is their business model. That is something I am glad to see with VoipO. Take your time; do it once; do it right. Obviously, the only people getting frustrated and impatient, are DSLReports/BBR members who read about VoipO on the forum. But guess what; they aren't VoipO's main customer base. Nor should they be for ANY provider. Forum users account for less than 5% of actual users. They are usually more technical and experienced; very good source of feedback and assistance; but not the average user. The "PUBLIC" isn't aware of VoipO's delays and such, and therefor aren't IMPATIENT.

But Packet8 is a very good company that has a lot of positive attributes and some of which should be modeled and studied. Later... mike....
    I don't know anything about Packet 8, but everything else you said was right on...or should I say..'Spot On'.

Interesting thoughts over at DSLR about VOIPo and their status on GBU today.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Interesting thoughts over at DSLR about VOIPo and their status on GBU today.
    If this is the page you referred to...I like it..Let's keep it up!

http://www.dslreports.com/gbu

I Void Warranties.