Thread: Softphone on iPhone 5

Question Softphone on iPhone 5

Hello,

I have Sprint and an iPhone 5. I am thinking about using my cell phone to take conference calls (utilize a bluetooth headset) and was wondering if anyone has used a hopefully free softphone app for the iPhones? Also, am I thinking correct that I can use the softphone to call into my conference call and only be using data minutes, not my anytime minutes? I have unlimited data, and would be connecting through my home wifi anyway. So am I thinking right that this call would be free?

Thanks,
    Greg

Default Re: Softphone on iPhone 5

Quote Originally Posted by gmt412 View Post
    Hello,

I have Sprint and an iPhone 5. I am thinking about using my cell phone to take conference calls (utilize a bluetooth headset) and was wondering if anyone has used a hopefully free softphone app for the iPhones? Also, am I thinking correct that I can use the softphone to call into my conference call and only be using data minutes, not my anytime minutes? I have unlimited data, and would be connecting through my home wifi anyway. So am I thinking right that this call would be free?

Thanks,
    Greg
    I am using a paid app called Bria ($7.99) with VOIPo and it works amazingly. I found it is worth the money. I have used some other cheap and free Apps on iPhones in the past, but none of them was giving quality calls. Bria is the best VoIP client I ever used on iPhone. I would suggest you give it a shot.

Thumbs up Re: Softphone on iPhone 5

Quote Originally Posted by JacobsLive View Post
    I am using a paid app called Bria ($7.99) with VOIPo and it works amazingly. I found it is worth the money. I have used some other cheap and free Apps on iPhones in the past, but none of them was giving quality calls. Bria is the best VoIP client I ever used on iPhone. I would suggest you give it a shot.
    Thanks! I think I will take a good look and possibly make that investment. I had just loaded Media5-fone (free version) and tried it once quickly. Seemed to work okay, but I am thinking a more stable solution is best.

I'm curious to know if Bria can be configured to send and receive SMS that come to/from the VOIPo network? I've searched all over and can't seem to find a definitive answer. From what I can tell, Bria supports SMS through the SIP SIMPLE protocol but I can't find out much more than that.

Unfortunately not (yet). SMS feature from VOIPo itself is a beta feature and I do not see any possibility of integrating that to soft phones such as Bria. But that could be a wonderful feature and may be one day we will have that opportunity

How did you configure Voipo on Bria? I don't see it listed as a provider. Thanks.

I am using 3CXphone for iPhone 5. Free version working fine for me.