Thread: Phone advise

Default Phone advise

I want a phone which will support a pause (since you cannot send this over IP if I understand correctly) after connect then sending the dtms tones for a password. Eg, implement the pause in the phone book somehow so it either senses a connection is made prior to sending the code (best case) or at least supports pausing a fixed period of time prior to sending the code. I see lots of people asking about this but never a good answer. Are there phones that will support this? I want to keep the cost low and I don't need many features other than a large phone book that can store the same conference call number with different codes per meeting as discrete phone book entries. By Large I mean a 100 or so.

Sorry if I have terms a bit garbled here. I'm new to IP phones.

Default Re: Phone advise

Is no one out there?

Default Re: Phone advise

You realize it's Voipo forum, right? There are plenty of answers in DSLR forum...

That said, any phone that has speed dial entries supports 'w' or 'p'. As far as I know you would have to store each sequence (conf call number + meeting code) as a separate entry. And 100 phone book entries is indeed large, but some Panasonic models can have over 3000 entries