Thread: Leaving VOIPo unfortunately

Default Leaving VOIPo unfortunately

Note: VOIPo doesn't guarantee service overseas. I am aware of this and please note that your usage overseas is entirely up to you.

I have been a customer of VOIPo since 2008. Have always been a very happy customer. Even when I had a few glitches over the years, Voipo has always come through. I had purchased the service to be used in India at my parent's home. They have a DSL connection with dynamic IP (regular run of the mill, nothing special). We have come to love the service and voice quality is always been top notch for us. Week or so ago the service went out with no indications of trouble. So we had naturally assumed something was wrong on my parent's side (internet connect quality speed/glitch etc). After spending a few days of trying to troubleshoot I ended up creating a ticket with Voipo to seek help. After a few emails back and forth I was informed yesterday that the reason for the interruption was Voipo has a new security policy that blocks international IP domains because of Spam and hacking attacks on their servers. As a company I absolutely understand that they have to do this if this seems to be the only reasonable measure. Also like I mentioned they never guaranteed service outside the US from the get go.
    What I would have appreciated though is an automated Email saying your device will be out of service from such and such date because of the new policy. This would have not only saved us time and effort that were spent chasing the wrong thing but also gave us some heads up to look for alternative. The only way they would allow the connection back is if my parents subscribe to a fixed IP connection through their ISP. This is a costly proposition and negates the saving that are realized by going the VOIP route. So unfortunately looks like we will have to terminate the service for good and look for alternatives. I am hoping they issue a prorated refund for the remaining months that has paid up front (I am signed up till Dec of this year). Just wanted to share my experience so new users and existing alike can take this into consideration before deploying device overseas.

Default Re: Leaving VOIPo unfortunately

Hello,

Please shoot me a private message with the account details and lets see if we can't figure out a solution to keep you as a happy customer.

Thanks.