Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VOIPo BETA Ending Today

Default VOIPo BETA Ending Today

NOTE: This applies to those who have been in the BETA program. If you ordered during pre-lauch, but were not in the original BETA, please ignore this thread. I will be posting some info for you guys specifically in another thread soon.

First for some good news, we're officially ready to launch at this point.

As many of you know, we've been accepting orders for the last few weeks and have had very few problems come up so far. We are working on making things a little more "polished", but otherwise, we're good to go now. We'd like to thank everyone here for your help and feedback that has helped us greatly as we've spent the last 2 years developing our service.

Now, for the bad news... Unfortunately all good things must come to an end and we're officially ending the BETA as of today. It's time to make a decision as to whether you'd like to maintain your VOIPo service or move on.

Our goal is to have the accounts accounted for by 9/15. This is somewhat of a short notice, but I know most of you have been expecting it and I've mentioned it a few times without a specific date. The 3 month BETA turned into 2 years, so I'm sure most of you can also understand that you did get a lot of free service. We really need to get this out of the way and all the "lingering" accounts linked up before we start bringing in volume. Otherwise auditing things at the end will be very difficult and these accounts will be more difficult.

Special Offer

For residential users, our "Founder's Plan" is available through 9/15. This is a standard unlimited residential plan that you can lock in for $99 per year if you act now. For those on the plan, it'll be flat rate and we'll absorb any taxes/fees for these accounts. This pricing assumes you already have a VOIPo ATA from the BETA. If you need a new ATA, these are available for $29.95.

Please see http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=413 for additional info about the residential offering and standard pricing.

For Express users, all numbers are available for at a founder's price of $24 yearly through 9/15. Again this rate will be locked in.

Please see http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=393 for additional info about the residential offering and standard pricing.

Bonus Offer

Additionally in order to expedite these conversions so we can clean house quickly and launch , we're going to add an extra incentive to convert now rather than later for ALL services whether residential or express.

For anyone (only those who have been in the BETA) who converts by the end of the day Sunday 9/7, we'll extend your renewal as if you had ordered service on 10/1.

This is essentially giving you another free month of service. Any BETA users who have already converted (most of you), we'll also be extending your renewal to 10/1 as well.

Cutoff Date

The official cutoff is going to be 9/15. Anything converted after 9/15 will be at the regular pricing and NOT eligible for the special founder's pricing or the tax waivers.

This applies to all number in the system including Express (Toll-Free, Virtual Local, Fax); Residential; and Addons (Virtual Numbers). At the end of the month, we'll be auditing the system and suspending any numbers not linked to an account.

Billing

Typically orders come in and a billing profile is established before an account is. Since this is really the reverse process, there's no clean way to do this and it will be somewhat of a manual process to link the accounts and audit all numbers to make sure they are linked to an account or deactivated.

Please keep this in mind as we're going through all the orders to match them up. It will be a little messy, but we're going through them manually. So if you don't see something immediately linked up, don't worry. Give us a few days to go through it before contacting us.

Cancellations/Port Outs

We understand that some of you may not wish to remain a customer or convert all your numbers to paid service. We also understand that porting is an unpredictable process and you can't always have a definitive timeline for ports to complete.

If you intend to port any numbers out, please contact us so we can notate your account in case the port takes longer than expected. We will work with you on the timing of this.

Ordering

Again, we are manually processing these. Here are the order forms to use:

Residential Conversion: http://billing.voipo.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=11

Express/Trio Conversion: http://billing.voipo.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=41

NOTE: For Express, please enter one number in the order. If you have additional numbers in your Express account, please e-mail sales@voipo.com with a list of the ones you'd like to keep and the billing term (monthly/yearly) and we'll manually add them to your account. Again this is not going to be clean, but it's the only way to link these accounts easily.

Questions

If you have general questions about this, please post here.

If you have account specific questions, please contact support@voipo.com for assistance.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 09-05-2008 at 01:17 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Default Re: VOIPo BETA Ending Today

Tim, does the $24/year for express apply to toll-free too?

So if I want to port in a local Express number, do I have to initiate the port before 9/15 to get the $24/yr price?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Tim, does the $24/year for express apply to toll-free too?
    Yes, we'll make it available for all items listed at http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=393 vs the normal $36/yr.

Quote Originally Posted by fisamo View Post
    So if I want to port in a local Express number, do I have to initiate the port before 9/15 to get the $24/yr price?
    Yes, orders need to be in by then to get that pricing.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Yes, we'll make it available for all items listed at http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=393 vs the normal $36/yr.

Yes, orders need to be in by then to get that pricing.
    Thanks Tim Just to clarify, when you say "lock-in", you're referring to the life of the account?

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    First for some good news, we're officially ready to launch at this point.

CONGRATULATIONS, AND GOOD LUCK!

1st of all; I'd like to thank you Tim and the rest of VoipO for allowing me; and others; to be part of this great evolution and REVOLUTION of Voip. Question: I have already converted and PORTED my Packet8 account to voipo and ALL IS WELL. I am still using an additional voipo Beta line that I experiment with on different adapters, different features, etc.... the question in 2 parts is:

1) How long before any additional Beta numbers stop working?
    2) Will you have pricing or specials if we'd like to convert any of these lines to a "Virtual Number"?

Also, on a pseudo separate topic, will the official web page, and LIST OF FEATURES and HOW TO's be coming online soon? Thx.... and thanks again for this tremendous opportunity. Mike...
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Thanks Tim Just to clarify, when you say "lock-in", you're referring to the life of the account?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by christcorp View Post

1) How long before any additional Beta numbers stop working?
    2) Will you have pricing or specials if we'd like to convert any of these lines to a "Virtual Number"?
    1) We're saying the 15th is the cutoff, but in reallity, it'll be closer to the end of the month before we go through and audit them. It's going to take a little time to manually link there and go through them all so we want to leave some cushion.

2) We can honor the $24/yr price for virtual numbers as well. Just send in a ticket to have it done.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Quote Originally Posted by christcorp View Post
    Also, on a pseudo separate topic, will the official web page, and LIST OF FEATURES and HOW TO's be coming online soon? Thx.... and thanks again for this tremendous opportunity. Mike...
    That's one of the main things being wrapped up right now. Documentation and polishing up everything. I'm told the "real" order form will be done Monday and the site is mostly done now.

Documentation is partially done and still has gaps being filled in.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Is it possible to get a 2nd ATA with another number in the Founders plan? If so, how?

I also have been most happy with the support - it is really appreciated to know you will go to the nth degree to support your customers.. thanks,