Thread: Billing Bug Report - Forwarded Calls, Limits and Billing Issues

Default Billing Bug Report - Forwarded Calls, Limits and Billing Issues

I think I've discovered a significant billing issue, but I'd like some help verifying this.

Description:

When an inbound call is forwarded back out to a 3rd party number, resellers are billed for this 2nd call leg, which is to be expected.

However, the extra (double) minute usage is NOT applied to the control panel limit feature. This allows customers to essentially exceed their limit by double.

So resellers are under billing their customers by one half in these situations.

Example:

Say we sell a 1,000 minute limit plan, and set a 1,000 minute limit. However, since forwarded calls do NOT count against the limit, customer could end up using 2,000 minutes of service before they reach their limit. Reseller is billed for 2000 minutes, despite setting a 1000 minute limit.

Can anyone help verify this? Seems like it could be costing resellers a significant amount of money.

[update] I'm pretty sure I've confirmed this. So I'm opening a ticket to report it.

Default Re: Billing Bug Report - Forwarded Calls, Limits and Billing Issues

That's a great observation. I will also review this. Thanks for the heads up GreenLatern.
    City Wide Phone
    where the talk is cheap!

Default Re: Billing Bug Report - Forwarded Calls, Limits and Billing Issues

Just a follow up on this issue. The billing appears to be correct, but I'm still a bit lost on how to reconcile it.

Thank you to Voipo for always staying on top of issues like this.

My confusion stems from the way forwarded calls are handled in Call History.

I've requested that the Call History feature get a future upgrade that would help resellers and clients better understand usage.

Specifically, I'd like to see color coding on calls in Call History page, such as Black/Domestic, Blue/TollFree, Red/International, Purple/ForwardedLeg, etc.