Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Hurricane..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Aventura Fl
    Posts
    860

    Default Hurricane..

    To Tim and his faithful crew, I wish you all the best with the impending storm heading your way.

    I hope that you and all your families remain safe.

    burris

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)
    Posts
    569

    Default Re: Hurricane..

    Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    To Tim and his faithful crew, I wish you all the best with the impending storm heading your way.

    I hope that you and all your families remain safe.

    burris
    I second that wish.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irvine CA
    Posts
    1,542,128,043

    Default Re: Hurricane..

    Thanks for the well-wishes. This one looks really bad.

    I've posted an update here: http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=720

    Anyone who works in our office has been given time off to be with family at this time. Anyone who normally works remotely outside of Houston will be working normally to address critical issues that come up. I am currently in the Northeast monitoring the situation and making plans to address it.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

    Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)
    Posts
    569

    Default Re: Hurricane..

    Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Thanks for the well-wishes. This one looks really bad.

    I've posted an update here: http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=720

    Anyone who works in our office has been given time off to be with family at this time. Anyone who normally works remotely outside of Houston will be working normally to address critical issues that come up. I am currently in the Northeast monitoring the situation and making plans to address it.
    Well as a few of us said in the other thread - hopefully everyone will be safe and it won't be as bad as they say.

    You have to have hope.
    Where in the Northeast? In Norm's basement?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irvine CA
    Posts
    1,542,128,043

    Default Re: Hurricane..

    Quote Originally Posted by NY Tel Guy View Post
    Well as a few of us said in the other thread - hopefully everyone will be safe and it won't be as bad as they say.

    You have to have hope.
    Where in the Northeast? In Norm's basement?
    I was originally at the W in Dallas, but there is good potential for Dallas to get some tornados and have power outages, so I went to visit family in WV. Haven't done so in a year or so so they seem happy about that. Since it's essentially a waiting game to see how extensive the damage is, there's not a lot that can be done.

    I'm go back to Dallas Mon or Tues depending on how things look there and we'll go from there at this point.

    We don't expect a lot of physical damage in the part of Houston with the exception that the office is a glass building. So depending on the outcome, we may or may not need to move to contingency space.

    HostGator has also closed and is offering emergency-only support with their remote employees as well.

    We're mostly concerned about the interruption of support operations and keeping everyone safe at this point until it passes.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 10-19-2010 at 01:51 AM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

    Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)
    Posts
    569

    Default Re: Hurricane..

    Funny that you refer to West Virginia as the Northeast.....
    We from the Northeast consider that "Mid-Atlantic"

    But then again we are splitting hairs.

    You made a smart decision to "hot-foot" it out of there.

    While you were moving millions....I was sorting my sock drawer.
    Last edited by NY Tel Guy; 09-12-2008 at 04:51 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: Hurricane..

    Best of of luck and stay safe.

    We will keep you on our prayers in Indiana.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irvine CA
    Posts
    1,542,128,043

    Default Re: Hurricane..

    Fortunately, we had very minimal damage at the office. Just a few windows blown out and that's about it.

    Basically the key now will be power restoration and getting all the public services back on like water, etc. They said it could take up to a month for all power to be restored because of the extend of damage.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

    Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Kitsap County, WA.
    Posts
    729

    Default Re: Hurricane..

    Watching the feeds here and I feel for those on the coast...

    Been looking for your building on the news and have been re leaved to have not seen it...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Kitsap County, WA.
    Posts
    729

    Default Re: Hurricane..

    The Balinese Room is gone... Yikes...





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •