Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Asterisk Setup for noob...

Default Re: Asterisk Setup for noob...

I was able to burn the ISO just fine using Nero. The only blank CD I had was a CD-RW. I was excited and couldn't wait any longer so I use the CD-RW. I think that is my problem. For what ever reason it doesn't like the CD-RW.

I am now burning again to a CD-R. I also finally figured out how to get GRUB to stop taking over and allow the CD to boot. BIOS was set to CD Rom drive as the first but GRUB would overpower BIOS.

I hope tonight I will see some progress.

For what ever reason the CD-RW would never boot.

I like DeepBurner for burning ISO images. They have a free version. In the past, I have had trouble sometimes with an ISO burn that wouldn't boot, only to re-burn it to another CD and it works fine. My problems have always been dirty CD drives and stuff like that.

I installed PbxIAF on a virtual machine last night with the Asterisk 1.6 option. I could not for the life of me get into FreePBX though. It kept asking for the admin and maint passwords, and I kept entering them, only to get rejected. I went ahead and updated to FreePBX version 2.5 hoping to fix it, but no real luck there. I ended up going into the amportal.conf (I think) file and taking out the database login check thing, and removed the .htaccess from the /admin pages and I did get in. But, I do get hammered for passwords still and I just keep entering in stuff until it lets me in! Good grief.

Tim is sending me a Grandstream that I will use for now. I'll play with 1.6 and move everything over to it eventually.

Scott

It worked! I got it installed. Quite a few steps. It took a little longer than I thought, before I knew it the time was 3:30 in the morning and I had to work at 9.

So tonight I get to play!

I will keep you guys posted. Thanks for the help

Oh and the CD-R worked much better.

Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)

Quote Originally Posted by zevin View Post
    It worked! I got it installed. Quite a few steps. It took a little longer than I thought, before I knew it the time was 3:30 in the morning and I had to work at 9.

So tonight I get to play!

I will keep you guys posted. Thanks for the help

Oh and the CD-R worked much better.
    I had an employee who worked for me once and his name was Devin, his brother was bevin and there was a third son with a rhyming name. True story.
    Perhaps you are the missing link.

Did you end up going with 1.4 or 1.6?
    So far Asterisk 1.6 with FreePBX 2.5 seems pretty slick. I need to play some more with it, but after the wife goes to sleep or something..

Quote Originally Posted by scott2020 View Post
    Did you end up going with 1.4 or 1.6?
    So far Asterisk 1.6 with FreePBX 2.5 seems pretty slick. I need to play some more with it, but after the wife goes to sleep or something..
    I played it safe and installed the 1.4. I figured I had enough to learn with out dealing with beta problems. I will probably upgrade, I am gluten for punishment. I feel the best way to learn is to get down and dirty and not to be afraid to break it. You can always reinstall.

I got "her" going, updated and all. I have not installed a Trunk yet. What settings have you all found to work here? tweakings? Will I be able to use sip.voipwelcome.com? I assume so, like I said I am learning this all.

I have installed a softphone and was able to play with the voice mail and got that all jazzed up- with weather what a dork I am. I just have not attempted to place outside calls. I will tonight!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NY Tel Guy View Post
    I had an employee who worked for me once and his name was Devin, his brother was bevin and there was a third son with a rhyming name. True story.
    Perhaps you are the missing link.
    It could be true, I am adopted... Did they just work through the alphabet?
    "Honey I just loved how Bevin sounded lets name our next Cevin oh and Devin and when we get to Zevin everyone will know we are nuts."

The physical education teachers had a good time with me in high school.

Quote Originally Posted by zevin View Post
    I played it safe and installed the 1.4. I figured I had enough to learn with out dealing with beta problems. I will probably upgrade, I am gluten for punishment. I feel the best way to learn is to get down and dirty and not to be afraid to break it. You can always reinstall.

I got "her" going, updated and all. I have not installed a Trunk yet. What settings have you all found to work here? tweakings? Will I be able to use sip.voipwelcome.com? I assume so, like I said I am learning this all.

I have installed a softphone and was able to play with the voice mail and got that all jazzed up- with weather what a dork I am. I just have not attempted to place outside calls. I will tonight!!!
    Yes, sip.voipwelcome.com works fine. My inbound and outbound for voipo:

Outbound:

username=NNNNNNNNNN
    fromuser=NNNNNNNNNN
    fromdomain=codeblue.voipo.com
    type=peer
    secret=XXXXXX
    qualify=yes
    host=sip.voipwelcome.com
    disallow=all
    allow=ulaw
    insecure=invite

Inbound:

type=peer
    secret=XXXXXX
    qualify=yes
    insecure=very
    host=sip.voipwelcome.com
    disallow=all
    allow=ulaw

Can I resist?
    From 2004: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,9193232

Apparently, 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese. And there are 5 people in my family, so it must be one of them.

It's either my mom or my dad... or, maybe my older brother Colin or my younger brother Ho-Cha Chu. But I'm pretty sure it's Colin.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Well I can call out but am unable to call in to the box. I see were the device is registered in the vpanel. I have a dinamic IP and am using DynDNS. I am at a loss for ideas.

I will post my inbound config when I get home tonight.
    Last edited by zevin; 10-01-2008 at 07:14 PM. Reason: should have been inbound not outbound