Ok, here is one for you all to ponder for today. I am green and would like to play and learn.

I have an older (2 years old) compaq installed with asterisk@home or asterisk now 1.0.2 (confused over all the names). Installed it all last night with no problems.

* is connected to my network via router then modem. I have a linksys wireless 4 port router. I set up a static ip in router via DHCP and Mac address. Machine now connects to 192.168.1.111 no problem.

I was not able to connect to the * via 192.168.1.111 in web browser. I rebooted * and performed line by line verification of boot. I did not authorize the firewall this time and was able to connect to * via web browser.

Now I rebooted the * last night and have not been able to connect to * GUI.

How would I modify the firewall to allow access. I will also need some help further along. Will I be able to play with this using the service VOIPo provides? Do you guys have an * running and how do you use it?

I would ultimately like to use this as a PBX on my property to call the apartments in the back. I have a few apartments for college students on my property. They all have cat5 drops.

Thanks for your advise and tips. I am really green and am eager to learn.