Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zoom stuff

Default Zoom stuff

Is anyone else using the Zoom ata's with success?

I get calls in on a second line here but cant call out... just busy signal.
    I Void Warranties.

Default Re: Zoom stuff

Quote Originally Posted by chpalmer View Post
    Is anyone else using the Zoom ata's with success?

I get calls in on a second line here but cant call out... just busy signal.
    Yep, I have some working with 3 accounts in/out. One on PBXes and two on other * servers.

FWIW, the only one local to me at the moment to check has:
    Boot ROM Revision 1.0.2
    Firmware Revision 1.2.4
    Configuration Revision Y.2.0.0.00SP

[edit to add that none of mine are connected directly to a single VSP]

Firmware on mine is at 2.0.1 Zoom tech helped me there.

I cant get it to dial out though no matter what firmware so I figured Id see if it was something about the Zooms.

Once things get settled around here Ill get em to send me another Grandstream for my other number...
    I Void Warranties.

Firmware on mine is at 2.0.1 Zoom tech helped me there.

I cant get it to dial out though no matter what firmware so I figured Id see if it was something about the Zooms.
    Are you just trying to go directly to VOIPo with the Zoom? Have you tried with any other providers?

Maybe I'll get a chance to try a Zoom directly to a provider for grins. My Zoom adapters currently are all set up as extensions to my centralized systems and on my PBXes account. I route the VOIPo Residential account via PBXes due to the asterisk 1.4 limitation at the moment. Thankfully the Express account DIDs seem to work fine with the asterisk 1.4 boxes.

These days, my _only_ directly connected ATA is an old ArtDio IPS-3101h that provides failover to POTs here at the house. It is connected to one of my original TelaSip accounts which has a _long_ super-reliability history for me with _lots_ of extra features that Gene allowed me way back when he started allowing residential accounts. Although POTS is supposed to be the reliable anchor, I'd note that when I lived [full-time ;-) ] in SC, somehow my internet and TelaSip were alive when POTS was down following hurricane damage with major electrical outages [I had generator & UPS backup]! I put a phone out on the porch that my neighbors used to provide and update their status to worried relatives and make other critical calls for a few days. Even the cell phone services were unreliable and overloaded.

I wish my internet were that reliable... I need to make a deal with the cable company to let me power the local node during extended power outages.

I havent tried with any other providers but may have to try that.

Do you know how to do a factory reset on one of these?

Thanks guys!
    I Void Warranties.

<sarcasm>These things are just great</sarcasm>

No wonder Tim booted them!

Factory Reset- unplug power. hold the reset button for 30 seconds or so. (5-6 seconds indicated by the forum world for other Zoom products didnt work for me)

The unit will revert to settings you had in it when it got its last firmware update. (I hope you remember what password it had in it at the time.)
    I Void Warranties.

<sarcasm>These things are just great</sarcasm>

No wonder Tim booted them!

Factory Reset- unplug power. hold the reset button for 30 seconds or so. (5-6 seconds indicated by the forum world for other Zoom products didnt work for me)

The unit will revert to settings you had in it when it got its last firmware update. (I hope you remember what password it had in it at the time.)
    We really liked them functionality wise, but the provisioning and firmware updates were the areas we had constant issues with. I didn't feel comfortable sending them out to customers and then them not accepting our updates, etc. It could get messy.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

I have yet to get it to dial out since I pulled it out to replace my fried rt31p2.

My softphone works fine though and thats the biggest reason for the second account I have.

I Void Warranties.

Yeah, mine is locked onto zooms service and I cannot get in.
    Keep it or chuck it ?

Quote Originally Posted by quattrohead View Post
    Yeah, mine is locked onto zooms service and I cannot get in.
    Keep it or chuck it ?
    I have more if anyone would like to have one, let me know and just pay for shipping
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook